ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
siddy
Posts: 47
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 20:50
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by siddy »

is there a new policy /agreement on delivering d2ds at 20% a day or can you manage them your self
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

D2D

Post by glenfiddich »

Surely its 17% aday :thumbup
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by deltaforce »

Generally managed on a offfice by office basis. Some are a bit anal about it and others don’t mind aslong as they are all done by end of week and you don’t try to deliver all in one day and claim overtime because of it.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by rubberbond »

glenfiddich wrote:Surely its 17% aday :thumbup
How many days a week do you work?
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by DrSatan »

rubberbond wrote:
glenfiddich wrote:Surely its 17% aday :thumbup
How many days a week do you work?
The business delivers 6 days a week. So technically you only 'need' to do a 6th each day. 16.67% each day is what the agreement is suppose to be but in reality it's down to individual office.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by Celgar »

rubberbond wrote:
glenfiddich wrote:Surely its 17% aday :thumbup
How many days a week do you work?
He is referring to the standard policy of throwing up and delivering one sixth of the D2Ds each working day. Every postie in every DO does it differently to be honest. For example I get them all thrown up for a Monday and deliver them where there is mail so probably 95% get delivered on the first day. Unless there is bickering over who has done what or some D2D don't get delivered then Postie's will be left to deliver them in their own time.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by daveyeff »

how do you have time to box in all your D2Ds in one day. especially if you have 6 sets. I prep 2 duties in the mornings. one duty has 987 delivery points the other has just over a thousand. so near on 2 thousand D2Ds to throw in even if it was just one set. 12 thousand if it was 6 sets. impossible. cant be done.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by daveyeff »

and if you have double slots it would be an even bigger pain in the arse having to pull out the ones you are going to and leave in the ones you weren't going to.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by Celgar »

daveyeff wrote:how do you have time to box in all your D2Ds in one day. especially if you have 6 sets. I prep 2 duties in the mornings. one duty has 987 delivery points the other has just over a thousand. so near on 2 thousand D2Ds to throw in even if it was just one set. 12 thousand if it was 6 sets. impossible. cant be done.
Sounds like hell. All but one of our walks are rurals so we don't have walks with that many delivery points. Takes about an hour & a half to prep six D2Ds into my frame so I usually throw them up on Saturdays after delivery so they are ready to go on Monday. You wouldn't be able to do that on your duty.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by bensonhedge »

daveyeff wrote:and if you have double slots it would be an even bigger pain in the arse having to pull out the ones you are going to and leave in the ones you weren't going to.
isnt that what Sunday's,are for?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by Celgar »

daveyeff wrote:and if you have double slots it would be an even bigger pain in the arse having to pull out the ones you are going to and leave in the ones you weren't going to.
For the most part we don't have double slots. Some of our frames have small sections of them but not many fortunately.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

D2D

Post by kookoo32 »

Celgar wrote:
daveyeff wrote:how do you have time to box in all your D2Ds in one day. especially if you have 6 sets. I prep 2 duties in the mornings. one duty has 987 delivery points the other has just over a thousand. so near on 2 thousand D2Ds to throw in even if it was just one set. 12 thousand if it was 6 sets. impossible. cant be done.
Sounds like hell. All but one of our walks are rurals so we don't have walks with that many delivery points. Takes about an hour & a half to prep six D2Ds into my frame so I usually throw them up on Saturdays after delivery so they are ready to go on Monday. You wouldn't be able to do that on your duty.
:chuckle Imagine wasting time on a Saturday doing work that's meant for the following week
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by Seymour Buts »

Our gaffers aint bothered as long as we get them done. Doesn't appear to be any official agreement in place; it's a personal thing.

I do mine depending on my week: as a reserve I may be on a different duty every day or on the same duty all week. If I'm on a duty for 1 day I'll take all of them for that day, that way if any are missed I can say I took my share so any other day is out of my control. If I'm on the same duty all week I'll put in as many as time allows Monday, then put the rest in Tuesday as I'm usually done early. By Friday there's only a few left and I'll write the numbers on them so I'm clear for Saturday.
Trollied
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Dec 2016, 15:38
Gender: Male

D2D

Post by Trollied »

Same as Tom at our office.
We take out door to doors to where we are going on the day. As long as they are all cleared by Saturday, management don't mind. :Very Happy
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

D2D

Post by clashcityrocker »

It is One Plan that doesn't like it.
A clear office policy should mean exactly that.
And people who leave the D2D quite often leave the odd letter or two as well.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.