ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

time before full time

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ROSSCO
Posts: 67
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 19:37
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by ROSSCO »

Is there a certain amount of time someone must do before they can apply for a full time job?
We have someone who is 7 months in and has been told they cant apply for full time until 1 yr service.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by redneck »

I would have thought, in this corrupt organisation, that you could be two weeks in and apply for a full time job and get it.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by Seymour Buts »

Goes on seniority like picking a walk does; would totally depend on the office your in. There are stories on here of people being made up after a matter of months, so no there's no limit. They wouldn't be on full rate till after a year though. Those must be truly exceptional circumstances though, like offices who have had a shed load of people leave in a small period of time. The reality is full time contracts are like gold dust, the next in line in our office has about 13 years service I believe and he's still waiting for a full timer to leave so he can be made up.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by Creditshampoo »

Lady in my office was made up to full time after a month your DOM is Lying
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by rogersh »

The four pillars agreement states; "Opportunity for P/T employees to increase contractual hours"
Blinkboy44
Posts: 48
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by Blinkboy44 »

You need to be in a office with a good union rep. I got full time after 11 weeks.
apm5
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 22:16
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by apm5 »

Been in the job 10 years and still part time, and it would seem no prospect of ever getting full time in my office at least.
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by bmccoll »

I joined around 30 years ago and then it was about 3 years to get a FT position depending on the staffing. Given that, I was doing FT work for about 2 years before being 'made up'. I feel sorry for most of the guys in my office as despite promises of FT positions many have been AGs for decades.
jon_gardner85
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 May 2016, 12:14
Gender: Male

time before full time

Post by jon_gardner85 »

I went full time after 6 months, just signed for every walk available in a resign and got the shittest wall in the office. Didn't care as I got what I wanted and then managed to get some taken off 4 months after because of the monster size of it.