Mr BMW man blocked my way today whilst on duty , verbally abused and verbally threatened myself .
Reported incident to DOM and was told let's hear " his " version .
No doubt the customer is always right scenario will apply
Think I will report incident to police
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Confrontation with motorist whilst on duty
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Confrontation with motorist whilst on duty
I once had a direct confrontation with a resident, I reported it to the police the same day and told my manager after the fact.
He wasn't too pleased, I don't care what he thinks, I've been personally threatened, Royal Mail is not a police force, its my right to have it dealt with, it was dealt with, the police visited the address and told him to wind his neck in or he'll be arrested.
Not heard a peep from him since.
-----------
So you go ahead and report it to the police as well, it'll be treated as with any member of the public, Royal Mail won't be helping you. A dash cam footage would be very helpful.
He wasn't too pleased, I don't care what he thinks, I've been personally threatened, Royal Mail is not a police force, its my right to have it dealt with, it was dealt with, the police visited the address and told him to wind his neck in or he'll be arrested.
Not heard a peep from him since.
-----------
So you go ahead and report it to the police as well, it'll be treated as with any member of the public, Royal Mail won't be helping you. A dash cam footage would be very helpful.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Confrontation with motorist whilst on duty
Thanx , will report to police, your correct just because we work for a public service doesn't mean we can be abused in that manner but all Royal Mail are concerned about is their image and usually side with " the public " .
No dash cam unfortunately so my word against his , might be ctv footage , thanx
No dash cam unfortunately so my word against his , might be ctv footage , thanx