ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

UKMail delivering packets now?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by MAILMAN84 »

Just ordered a few things from abroad and even though UKMail says on the site that all packets are delivered the final mile by Royal Mail, I've received them with a UKMail courier. Is this DHL now muscling into the packet market in UK now?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Just DSA packets, been happening for years now
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by MAILMAN84 »

Sorry how does that work from international? bit dumb with all that
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

They arrive at some warehouse somewhere from abroad. They then post them into the RM network as DSA.
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by MAILMAN84 »

Yeah but I mean do they have their own couriers for packets too? I've received hundreds of packets of all types from abroad through DHL and always came through Royal Mail....
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

MAILMAN84 wrote:Yeah but I mean do they have their own couriers for packets too? I've received hundreds of packets of all types from abroad through DHL and always came through Royal Mail....
Don't think that they have. Probably cheaper for them to use DSA than to employ their own couriers
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by MAILMAN84 »

Thats what I mean. A UK mail courier is delivering me ukmail packets now not the postman
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

MAILMAN84 wrote:Thats what I mean. A UK mail courier is delivering me ukmail packets now not the postman
A neighbour of mine drives for them. They are the same as DPD etc, they collect and deliver parcels.

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by MAILMAN84 »

Thanks. When did that start happening or have I just never received packets from them before?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

About 2 years ago I think https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 40&t=76522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Deutsche Post agrees to buy UK Mail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by MAILMAN84 »

I mean them delivering their own packets cuz far as I was aware deutsche post was just buying UKmail, not having their own couriers.
portadown
Posts: 169
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 17:19

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by portadown »

Royalmail delivering packets in Dsa i thought we just had to deliver letters Dsa y are wee doing other parcel companies work
Last edited by portadown on 12 Jun 2018, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

portadown wrote:Royalmail delivering packets in Dsa i thought we just had to deliver letters Das y are wee doing other parcel companies work
Probably a very large chunk of the normal packets that aren't stamped or have come from abroad will be DSA
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

UKMail delivering packets now?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

MAILMAN84 wrote:I mean them delivering their own packets cuz far as I was aware deutsche post was just buying UKmail, not having their own couriers.
Deutsche Post are the parent company of DHL, DHL are the holding company for UKMail. So yes they are probably delivering their own and DHLs.

https://www.ukmail.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PARCEL SERVICES

At UK Mail, we start with UK delivery excellence, then take that to the next step, with unsurpassed delivery to Europe and the rest world. As part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group, we are able to deliver the kind of knowledge, experience, innovation and scale that is quite simply unmatched by anyone else.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.