I've landed a new job and that's my stint with RM at an end.
On the whole I've enjoyed it and I've a lot more respect for how hard posties work and the amount of crap they have to put up with.
Also, thanks for all the advice and help I've received on this forum, it's been great.
4 blinking weeks notice though!!! Always the jokers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Last edited by Ralpho on 11 Jun 2018, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Good luck and all the best.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Good luck, all the best.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
4 weeks? Are you paid monthly? If paid weekly I thought notice was also a week.
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
It's four weeks if paid weekly and one month if paid monthly.
That's logic apparently
That's logic apparently
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I wish you well my friend,good luck in your new adventure,I will be going at 60 another 3=years if I can stand it,nearly 40 years I think that’s enough
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I wish you well my friend,good luck in your new adventure,I will be going at 60 another 3=years if I can stand it,nearly 40 years I think that’s enough
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Good luck with your new job and all the best for the future 
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Can you subtract your accrued holiday leave from the four weeks notice?
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Is it weird that I'm really missing my round?