ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ralpho
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by Ralpho »

I've landed a new job and that's my stint with RM at an end.
On the whole I've enjoyed it and I've a lot more respect for how hard posties work and the amount of crap they have to put up with.
Also, thanks for all the advice and help I've received on this forum, it's been great.

4 blinking weeks notice though!!! Always the jokers
Last edited by Ralpho on 11 Jun 2018, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by Brandy »

Good luck and all the best.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by worktotime »

good luck :thumbup
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by fb1969 »

Good luck, all the best.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by meercat »

4 weeks? Are you paid monthly? If paid weekly I thought notice was also a week.
Ralpho
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by Ralpho »

It's four weeks if paid weekly and one month if paid monthly.
That's logic apparently
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by robbertwhitton »

I wish you well my friend,good luck in your new adventure,I will be going at 60 another 3=years if I can stand it,nearly 40 years I think that’s enough
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by robbertwhitton »

I wish you well my friend,good luck in your new adventure,I will be going at 60 another 3=years if I can stand it,nearly 40 years I think that’s enough
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by malcolm3011 »

Good luck with your new job and all the best for the future :wave
Ralpho
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by Ralpho »

Can you subtract your accrued holiday leave from the four weeks notice?
Ralpho
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
Gender: Male

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by Ralpho »

Is it weird that I'm really missing my round?