ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
UKMail delivering packets now?
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
UKMail delivering packets now?
Just ordered a few things from abroad and even though UKMail says on the site that all packets are delivered the final mile by Royal Mail, I've received them with a UKMail courier. Is this DHL now muscling into the packet market in UK now?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
UKMail delivering packets now?
Just DSA packets, been happening for years now
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
UKMail delivering packets now?
Sorry how does that work from international? bit dumb with all that
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
UKMail delivering packets now?
They arrive at some warehouse somewhere from abroad. They then post them into the RM network as DSA.
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
UKMail delivering packets now?
Yeah but I mean do they have their own couriers for packets too? I've received hundreds of packets of all types from abroad through DHL and always came through Royal Mail....
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
UKMail delivering packets now?
Don't think that they have. Probably cheaper for them to use DSA than to employ their own couriersMAILMAN84 wrote:Yeah but I mean do they have their own couriers for packets too? I've received hundreds of packets of all types from abroad through DHL and always came through Royal Mail....
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
UKMail delivering packets now?
Thats what I mean. A UK mail courier is delivering me ukmail packets now not the postman
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
UKMail delivering packets now?
A neighbour of mine drives for them. They are the same as DPD etc, they collect and deliver parcels.MAILMAN84 wrote:Thats what I mean. A UK mail courier is delivering me ukmail packets now not the postman

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
UKMail delivering packets now?
Thanks. When did that start happening or have I just never received packets from them before?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
UKMail delivering packets now?
About 2 years ago I think https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 40&t=76522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Deutsche Post agrees to buy UK Mail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
UKMail delivering packets now?
I mean them delivering their own packets cuz far as I was aware deutsche post was just buying UKmail, not having their own couriers.
-
portadown
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 17:19
UKMail delivering packets now?
Royalmail delivering packets in Dsa i thought we just had to deliver letters Dsa y are wee doing other parcel companies work
Last edited by portadown on 12 Jun 2018, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
UKMail delivering packets now?
Probably a very large chunk of the normal packets that aren't stamped or have come from abroad will be DSAportadown wrote:Royalmail delivering packets in Dsa i thought we just had to deliver letters Das y are wee doing other parcel companies work
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
UKMail delivering packets now?
Deutsche Post are the parent company of DHL, DHL are the holding company for UKMail. So yes they are probably delivering their own and DHLs.MAILMAN84 wrote:I mean them delivering their own packets cuz far as I was aware deutsche post was just buying UKmail, not having their own couriers.
https://www.ukmail.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PARCEL SERVICES
At UK Mail, we start with UK delivery excellence, then take that to the next step, with unsurpassed delivery to Europe and the rest world. As part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group, we are able to deliver the kind of knowledge, experience, innovation and scale that is quite simply unmatched by anyone else.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.