Are Royal Mail employees allowed to wear body cameras like the police to remove any ambiguity from situations such as but not limited to :
Dog Attacks
Abusive Customers
Parcels being left in customers designated safe place
etc
I understand that this could impact on privacy and so would be limited to being used 'on the street' and not in the depot itself, although with all the bullying and harassment we have to endure from some managers I am certain they could be very beneficial here too.
Kind Regards.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Body Cameras.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Body Cameras.
Fantastic
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Body Cameras.
Royal Mail might even supply us with them lol
Wud be useful though but I’m sure some chaps may use them for alternative purposes!!
Wud be useful though but I’m sure some chaps may use them for alternative purposes!!
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Body Cameras.
Like I said in another thread, there was a piece on regional news round here about police complaints dropping something like 95% (both complaints from the public about how the police behaved and complaints from the police about how the public behaved) when everybody knew they were on camera. People act real nice when there’s a lens in their face.
I think eventually the world will go this way, but as for now, there is no filming in this manner to be done on RM premises, and your right to film in public spaces is lost once you step onto private land to deliver. RM may even have a contractual reason not to allow you to film whilst on the street in your capacity as their employee. In fact, it’s almost certain.
So I imagine your best bet is to lobby the hierarchy with the benefits you mention in hand..
I think eventually the world will go this way, but as for now, there is no filming in this manner to be done on RM premises, and your right to film in public spaces is lost once you step onto private land to deliver. RM may even have a contractual reason not to allow you to film whilst on the street in your capacity as their employee. In fact, it’s almost certain.
So I imagine your best bet is to lobby the hierarchy with the benefits you mention in hand..
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Body Cameras.
I can imagine that any heed-the-ba' would look at a postie wearing a bodycam as a legitimate target. And I believe you are right that we wouldn't be able to film on private premises without express permission but who would actually believe you had turned the camera off before stepping onto their property?
Someone mentioned that using RM as a courier would be permission enough to film if they wrote it into the t&cs but seeing as a lot of deliveries are coming from third parties (companies, yer ACTUAL customers) I can't see that approach holding any water at all. It would take every company who uses us to add a disclaimer at the checkout of their online stores to the effect of "we use RM, by clicking accept you agree to someone filming on your property, probably when you're out, or sunbathing nude or up to something illegal, immoral or fattening." I can see people queueing up by the boatload to agree to that shenanigans...not! In my eyes we would be in danger of losing customers (addressees)
Someone mentioned that using RM as a courier would be permission enough to film if they wrote it into the t&cs but seeing as a lot of deliveries are coming from third parties (companies, yer ACTUAL customers) I can't see that approach holding any water at all. It would take every company who uses us to add a disclaimer at the checkout of their online stores to the effect of "we use RM, by clicking accept you agree to someone filming on your property, probably when you're out, or sunbathing nude or up to something illegal, immoral or fattening." I can see people queueing up by the boatload to agree to that shenanigans...not! In my eyes we would be in danger of losing customers (addressees)
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"