ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lost pda

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jumbles
Posts: 11
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 12:24

Lost pda

Post by jumbles »

As the title suggests, today i lost my pda. Im pretty sure it's fell out of my pouch whilst walking 100 yards from my last scan back to the van. I rewalked the route 3 times before calling the manager. He told me to phone him at 12pm if I still hadn't found it, which I did.
He informed me that he would get someone to ping it and go look for it. At 2.30pm he phones me to śay that he hadnt had time to ping it or look for it, and told me to go look for it. I looked once more along my route to no avail.
I got back to DO and he told me that he would do it tomorrow. Which happens to be my long weekend.
No urgency from his behalf, but I'm worried shitless. Not to mention there is a good chance that the battery will be dead tomorrow.
What kind of punishment am I likely to receive for losing this expensive bag of s**t?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by number one »

jumbles wrote:As the title suggests, today i lost my pda. Im pretty sure it's fell out of my pouch whilst walking 100 yards from my last scan back to the van. I rewalked the route 3 times before calling the manager. He told me to phone him at 12pm if I still hadn't found it, which I did.
He informed me that he would get someone to ping it and go look for it. At 2.30pm he phones me to śay that he hadnt had time to ping it or look for it, and told me to go look for it. I looked once more along my route to no avail.
I got back to DO and he told me that he would do it tomorrow. Which happens to be my long weekend.
No urgency from his behalf, but I'm worried shitless. Not to mention there is a good chance that the battery will be dead tomorrow.
What kind of punishment am I likely to receive for losing this expensive bag of s**t?

Honestly don’t worry about it. Punishment, if I was your rep there wouldn’t be any. You did all you can and your DOM did nothing. More than likely it will turn up eventually, they usually do.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Lost pda

Post by Spedley »

We've been told Conduct for losing PDA. But we were also told that PDA Actual started last October, however when someone asked them to 'ping' a lost PDA the said they couldn't do it until next October.

Seems strange that both your boss and mine had an excuse for not finding a lost PDA. Sounds to me like PDA Actual isn't working yet but they've been told to keep it quiet.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by koolishy67 »

One of my friend lost pda last year and he is still working but he is one of manager favorite.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Lost pda

Post by NewPostieUK »

I lost mine and the manager just said don't worry about it, so I didn't. It turned up in a customers shed a week later.

Manager couldn't have given a toss.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by Celgar »

A PDA was left on a wall by a postie in our office a while back and a member of the public handed it in to the callers office. I think it was one of the old design ones so this was back a bit. So you might be lucky.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by LaggyBand »

Several lost in our area with no noteworthy consequences.
jumbles
Posts: 11
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 12:24

Lost pda

Post by jumbles »

I text my LM at 8am this morning, reminding him to ping the PDA, he didn't even acknowledge me.
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by ebbzie »

Keep all records of calls and texts you have made trying to get DOM /Lino to find it just in case
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by Xr4 »

In work time learning last week, it was said there's a 24 hour delay on PDA actuals and that it's not a live service. Maybe he has to wait 24hrs before getting the data.
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by stodgy88 »

Lost mine, pinged it picked it up no problems,hopefully same for you.
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

Lost pda

Post by mailroyaly »

It's easily done, we're human beings, we lose things, force of nature.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by Seymour Buts »

A lad claimed to have lost his in our office, it was pinged and we were told it was in or around our office :chuckle Had fell down the side of his seat in the van.
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

Lost pda

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

The DOM needs to ring BT who will trace the location of the PDA and forward him the co-ordinates so he can trace it through google maps.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Lost pda

Post by NWpostie »

Its useless to anyone outside the post service.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.