ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mail put inside D2Ds
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Mail put inside D2Ds
I’m part-time and my round is thrown up for me. The bloke that throws it up keeps putting the mail inside the D2Ds and at the back of the D2Ds which is bloody irritating when you’re trying to pull it out.
The double slots are all over the shop and I’m often walking back on myself because the mail isn’t sequenced and the D2Ds are lumped together.
If I throw mail up I put the D2Ds at the back. It just makes life so much easier!!!!
Am I being pernickety or would this piss anyone else off too?
The double slots are all over the shop and I’m often walking back on myself because the mail isn’t sequenced and the D2Ds are lumped together.
If I throw mail up I put the D2Ds at the back. It just makes life so much easier!!!!
Am I being pernickety or would this piss anyone else off too?
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
Have you tried asking the bloke who throws it off to put the D2Ds at the back?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
I would try politely asking the postie that throws your walk up to do it as you suggest. It is standard practice to have the letters in front of the D2Ds and any flats behind them allowing you to do a cursory flick check before pushing them through the letterbox. Hopefully the guy changes his ways unless he has a complete don't care attitude.peshwaarinaan wrote:I’m part-time and my round is thrown up for me. The bloke that throws it up keeps putting the mail inside the D2Ds and at the back of the D2Ds which is bloody irritating when you’re trying to pull it out.
The double slots are all over the shop and I’m often walking back on myself because the mail isn’t sequenced and the D2Ds are lumped together.
If I throw mail up I put the D2Ds at the back. It just makes life so much easier!!!!
Am I being pernickety or would this piss anyone else off too?
You're not being pernickety by thinking this and it is a well known comment if any postie has to pull out mail prepped by someone who doesn't know how to do the job. I have a feeling left handed Postie's might do the job differently so that might be a reason or not.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Mail put inside D2Ds
Thanks for your replies. The Postie in question is a full-timer who has been there for donkey's years. I don't want to speak to him about it if I can help it as I'm a relative newbie but his actions have repercussions on my duty
.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
I'm also part time so not siding with whoever preps your duty, but to be fair it must be bloody fiddly and irritating trying to put letters before and flats after D2D's in double slots, especially when you've got 3,4,5 lots of D2D's.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Mail put inside D2Ds
Could ask him to just bundle them together then leaving them out of the frame. Then take a few at the back of each bundle of letters with you and deliver them as you are going along?
I prep two frames and the guy I work with likes them all put in on the Monday and then just takes them where he is going each day until Friday when he finishes off what's left. Which is an absolute pain in the butt when prepping every day, they really get in the way!
I prep two frames and the guy I work with likes them all put in on the Monday and then just takes them where he is going each day until Friday when he finishes off what's left. Which is an absolute pain in the butt when prepping every day, they really get in the way!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
Maybe he does it that way so that YOU might actually do it??
I'm not saying that you should because full-timers are responsible for prepping everything so that you are supposed to come in and it all be ready. There are many reasons why that might not be the case.
I'm not saying that you should because full-timers are responsible for prepping everything so that you are supposed to come in and it all be ready. There are many reasons why that might not be the case.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
superports
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
You could ask him to prep the d2d's, but not put them in the frame. Leave them as a bundle so you can take what you need, when you need.
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
Someone preps your D2Ds for you!!
Jammy
Jammy
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Mail put inside D2Ds
Ralpho, I'm contracted to work 5 hours a day. When I come in I do my redirections, bundle up and go out.Ralpho wrote:Someone preps your D2Ds for you!!
Jammy
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
our manager throws off the absorption delivery and he puts mail inside the D2D's, its so dumb and lazy, some people just don't use their brain. I just pretend I don't see it, and leave it there.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
That's called Wilful Delay and you could get sacked.miles_peters wrote:our manager throws off the absorption delivery and he puts mail inside the D2D's, its so dumb and lazy, some people just don't use their brain. I just pretend I don't see it, and leave it there.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
miles_peters wrote:our manager throws off the absorption delivery and he puts mail inside the D2D's, its so dumb and lazy, some people just don't use their brain. I just pretend I don't see it, and leave it there.
Posting something like that with what appears to be your name as your username!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Mail put inside D2Ds
I have the same problem and it really pisses me off. The problem is made worse by the fact that more than one person preps my duty, often just someone who got caught with their hands in their pockets.peshwaarinaan wrote: Am I being pernickety or would this piss anyone else off too?
I'm amazed that senior postmen with many years under their belts have no problem knowingly doing such a bad job. One house gets 4 door to doors, the next just 2. Missorts all over the place, letters upside down, back to front, small items at the back, does my head in.
Another problem is that if the mail is late or it's very busy, they leave some of mine, so that they can get out and finish on time, leaving me to be the one who has to leave lapsing and use the overrunning procedure. They'll leave a tray and not even tell the manager.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Mail put inside D2Ds
its not if its hidden from view in a D2Dbmccoll wrote:That's called Wilful Delay and you could get sacked.miles_peters wrote:our manager throws off the absorption delivery and he puts mail inside the D2D's, its so dumb and lazy, some people just don't use their brain. I just pretend I don't see it, and leave it there.