ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Car broken down on way to induction

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Car broken down on way to induction

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Worst start possible! Cars broken down and won’t make it to my induction I have emailed with pictures etc but where does it go from here? If anyone knows so I can stop worrying that would be great thank you
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Car broken down on way to induction

Post by rehabron »

Rapidryan88 wrote:Worst start possible! Cars broken down and won’t make it to my induction I have emailed with pictures etc but where does it go from here? If anyone knows so I can stop worrying that would be great thank you
You are the type of guy the RM are looking for if you have gone to the extreme to e-mail pictures of your car broken down to verify you will not make your appointment on time.
I am sure they will notify you for further induction meetings but if they are screaming for staff they may set aside a date for you alone.
Need to remove the word rapid from your user name. :nana :nana
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Car broken down on way to induction

Post by Rapidryan88 »

rehabron wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:Worst start possible! Cars broken down and won’t make it to my induction I have emailed with pictures etc but where does it go from here? If anyone knows so I can stop worrying that would be great thank you
You are the type of guy the RM are looking for if you have gone to the extreme to e-mail pictures of your car broken down to verify you will not make your appointment on time.
I am sure they will notify you for further induction meetings but if they are screaming for staff they may set aside a date for you alone.
Need to remove the word rapid from your user name. :nana :nana
Haha thanks mate appreciate that not gonna worry anymore then :) few days off for me then until they contact me I guess lol thanks bud
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Car broken down on way to induction

Post by The Postman »

Rapidryan88 wrote:Worst start possible! Cars broken down and won’t make it to my induction I have emailed with pictures etc but where does it go from here? If anyone knows so I can stop worrying that would be great thank you
Just for future info, you can only drive to the induction if your car insurance covers it, ie. Business insurance. Most insurance polices state “commuting to a single place of work.” which would be the delivery office or mail centre that your employed at. Driving without valid insurance would be at your own risk. Same applies if your asked to go to another office for the day. There’s loads of posts on here about the procedures to follow in getting to and from another office.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Car broken down on way to induction

Post by Rapidryan88 »

The Postman wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:Worst start possible! Cars broken down and won’t make it to my induction I have emailed with pictures etc but where does it go from here? If anyone knows so I can stop worrying that would be great thank you
Just for future info, you can only drive to the induction if your car insurance covers it, ie. Business insurance. Most insurance polices state “commuting to a single place of work.” which would be the delivery office or mail centre that your employed at. Driving without valid insurance would be at your own risk. Same applies if your asked to go to another office for the day. There’s loads of posts on here about the procedures to follow in getting to and from another office.
Thanks
Ralpho
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 29
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
Gender: Male

Car broken down on way to induction

Post by Ralpho »

It's a sign from the Gods lol