Can a DOM tell you when you can an can't have your leave??
Im a postie with 18 years an just transferred to another office...
I picked 4 weeks leave before March an due to pick another 2 weeks ...my DOM says I can't have a full week I have to pick days ...but days left are all tuesdays an wednesdays..
I looked at leave list an still open weeks to take but DOM says I can't have them incase a new start needs leave if one is hired? Union man doesn't know or care he gets extra Saturdays off ...
AnY light?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A/L
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
A/L
Do you actually need it this year? I'd let it roll until next pick if it's a case of having the odd day here and there. Seems ridiculous though because what if a new start doesn't need those weeks? They're gonna be over overstaffed and literally asking people the week before if they want to take next week off as has happened at our place a number of times.Soswales wrote:Can a DOM tell you when you can an can't have your leave??
Im a postie with 18 years an just transferred to another office...
I picked 4 weeks leave before March an due to pick another 2 weeks ...my DOM says I can't have a full week I have to pick days ...but days left are all tuesdays an wednesdays..
I looked at leave list an still open weeks to take but DOM says I can't have them incase a new start needs leave if one is hired? Union man doesn't know or care he gets extra Saturdays off ...
AnY light?
-
Soswales
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Jun 2017, 21:08
- Gender: Male
A/L
I can't swap a week if the DOM won't let people book weeks only days now.
And yes I do need the leave personal reasons plus im entitled to 6 weeks why roll them to next year over when we can't get our entitled weeks now..
Our office has 90 posties...but only one leave list...u book 2 weeks summer an 2 winter..if ur number 50 or over wave bye bye to any summer leave..
Then if ur entitled too 2 extra weeks another list comes out which is days leave...if ur top of the list u can book 10 Saturdays if u want ...
But I don't want days only tuesdays left anyway I want block weeks to have my children ..There's plenty of weeks left but DOM says only 4 new starts
Can the DOM do that?
Any reps online
And yes I do need the leave personal reasons plus im entitled to 6 weeks why roll them to next year over when we can't get our entitled weeks now..
Our office has 90 posties...but only one leave list...u book 2 weeks summer an 2 winter..if ur number 50 or over wave bye bye to any summer leave..
Then if ur entitled too 2 extra weeks another list comes out which is days leave...if ur top of the list u can book 10 Saturdays if u want ...
But I don't want days only tuesdays left anyway I want block weeks to have my children ..There's plenty of weeks left but DOM says only 4 new starts
Can the DOM do that?
Any reps online
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
A/L
Soswales wrote:I can't swap a week if the DOM won't let people book weeks only days now.
And yes I do need the leave personal reasons plus im entitled to 6 weeks why roll them to next year over when we can't get our entitled weeks now..
Our office has 90 posties...but only one leave list...u book 2 weeks summer an 2 winter..if ur number 50 or over wave bye bye to any summer leave..
Then if ur entitled too 2 extra weeks another list comes out which is days leave...if ur top of the list u can book 10 Saturdays if u want ...
But I don't want days only tuesdays left anyway I want block weeks to have my children ..There's plenty of weeks left but DOM says only 4 new starts
Can the DOM do that?
Any reps online
What do you mean by number 50?