ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New PT contract
-
bobsworth
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
I've just received my contract and picking through it has thrown up a few queries which I'd appreciate some advice on.
The rate of pay is £389.63 pro-rata which kind of works out as £9.99/h but there is no mention of the £25 delivery supplement (I'm based in a DO). Has this become a discretionary thing after the pay deal for new starters?
It doesn't include the specific days/times in the contract, but based on the job spec I am contracted for 4 hrs per day, which looking through the numerous forum posts will not be sufficient. As it is a condition of employment to work overtime (which I am fine with), are the extra hours you do included in holiday pay and pensionable pay?
The notice period does not seem very equitable - in the first 6 months they can give you 1 week but you have to give 4. I've never seen that before - is it a recent development?
I assume there is no scope for "contract negotiations" so is it best to raise any issues with the recruitment team, Manager at the DO or union rep?
The rate of pay is £389.63 pro-rata which kind of works out as £9.99/h but there is no mention of the £25 delivery supplement (I'm based in a DO). Has this become a discretionary thing after the pay deal for new starters?
It doesn't include the specific days/times in the contract, but based on the job spec I am contracted for 4 hrs per day, which looking through the numerous forum posts will not be sufficient. As it is a condition of employment to work overtime (which I am fine with), are the extra hours you do included in holiday pay and pensionable pay?
The notice period does not seem very equitable - in the first 6 months they can give you 1 week but you have to give 4. I've never seen that before - is it a recent development?
I assume there is no scope for "contract negotiations" so is it best to raise any issues with the recruitment team, Manager at the DO or union rep?
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
bobsworth wrote:I've just received my contract and picking through it has thrown up a few queries which I'd appreciate some advice on.
The rate of pay is £389.63 pro-rata which kind of works out as £9.99/h but there is no mention of the £25 delivery supplement (I'm based in a DO). Has this become a discretionary thing after the pay deal for new starters?
It doesn't include the specific days/times in the contract, but based on the job spec I am contracted for 4 hrs per day, which looking through the numerous forum posts will not be sufficient. As it is a condition of employment to work overtime (which I am fine with), are the extra hours you do included in holiday pay and pensionable pay?
The notice period does not seem very equitable - in the first 6 months they can give you 1 week but you have to give 4. I've never seen that before - is it a recent development?
I assume there is no scope for "contract negotiations" so is it best to raise any issues with the recruitment team, Manager at the DO or union rep?
It does sound quite normal for an RM contract. The rate of pay you are on sounds about right and it does go up after 6 months and 12 months usually. Then you are on the same as the rest of us. You will have a delivery supplement, based on your hours it will probably be less than £25 though as it is pro rata. Some areas also include an area supplement so you may be lucky. They won’t be mentioned in the contract.
The contract won’t include hours or days of work as they will vary per delivery office and days will vary weekly as you will be a reserve (covering sick/holidays etc)
Overtime will not be included in holiday pay as it is voluntary. The notice period seems quite usual, it is now 4 weeks for newer employees and quite standard for the employer only needing to give 1 week during probation, don’t worry though, unless you do something seriously wrong you will be kept on!
Don’t take too much to heart from here, offices are very different to each other so hopefully yours will be a good one!
Good luck!
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
Overtime is optional
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
" As it is a condition of employment to work overtime (which I am fine with)"
Are you sure your contract states this ?
Are you sure your contract states this ?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
The contract can say what it likes you don’t have to work overtimedanterossetti wrote:" As it is a condition of employment to work overtime (which I am fine with)"
Are you sure your contract states this ?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
New PT contract
Exactly. Contracts have to be clear and fair.Creditshampoo wrote:The contract can say what it likes you don’t have to work overtimedanterossetti wrote:" As it is a condition of employment to work overtime (which I am fine with)"
Are you sure your contract states this ?
If it doesn't say how much overtime and when, then that section of the contract is a waste of time and can be ignored.
-
bobsworth
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
Thanks for the feedback. As long as the delivery supplement is still current and O/T is paid I'll live with the rest, although O/T is not exactly voluntary. Not sure what the implications of being a "reserve" are and it hasn't been mentioned to me before but will find out soon enough... guess it will involve a lot of variety!joewyan wrote:
It does sound quite normal for an RM contract. The rate of pay you are on sounds about right and it does go up after 6 months and 12 months usually. Then you are on the same as the rest of us. You will have a delivery supplement, based on your hours it will probably be less than £25 though as it is pro rata. Some areas also include an area supplement so you may be lucky. They won’t be mentioned in the contract.
The contract won’t include hours or days of work as they will vary per delivery office and days will vary weekly as you will be a reserve (covering sick/holidays etc)
Overtime will not be included in holiday pay as it is voluntary. The notice period seems quite usual, it is now 4 weeks for newer employees and quite standard for the employer only needing to give 1 week during probation, don’t worry though, unless you do something seriously wrong you will be kept on!
Don’t take too much to heart from here, offices are very different to each other so hopefully yours will be a good one!
Good luck!
-
bobsworth
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
Yes..... as the needs of the service demand!danterossetti wrote:" As it is a condition of employment to work overtime (which I am fine with)"
Are you sure your contract states this ?
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
Overtime is voluntary, whatever you may be told. If you want to work your duty hours then that’s your right. You can be told what time to start your shift dependant on business needs but once you have done your daily hours then that’s your right to finish work whether completed the round or not as long as you follow procedures.bobsworth wrote:Thanks for the feedback. As long as the delivery supplement is still current and O/T is paid I'll live with the rest, although O/T is not exactly voluntary. Not sure what the implications of being a "reserve" are and it hasn't been mentioned to me before but will find out soon enough... guess it will involve a lot of variety!joewyan wrote:
It does sound quite normal for an RM contract. The rate of pay you are on sounds about right and it does go up after 6 months and 12 months usually. Then you are on the same as the rest of us. You will have a delivery supplement, based on your hours it will probably be less than £25 though as it is pro rata. Some areas also include an area supplement so you may be lucky. They won’t be mentioned in the contract.
The contract won’t include hours or days of work as they will vary per delivery office and days will vary weekly as you will be a reserve (covering sick/holidays etc)
Overtime will not be included in holiday pay as it is voluntary. The notice period seems quite usual, it is now 4 weeks for newer employees and quite standard for the employer only needing to give 1 week during probation, don’t worry though, unless you do something seriously wrong you will be kept on!
Don’t take too much to heart from here, offices are very different to each other so hopefully yours will be a good one!
Good luck!
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
if £25 delivery supplement is pro rata ... but you are doing d2d on p/t hours in morning then delivering too should you get full £25 delivery supplement
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
New PT contract
Is the delivery supplement paid for door to doors? I didn`t knew that, if so, I`m owed money for delivering them on par with a full timer...nuns wrote:if £25 delivery supplement is pro rata ... but you are doing d2d on p/t hours in morning then delivering too should you get full £25 delivery supplement
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
New PT contract
Delivery Supplement has nothing to do with D2D.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New PT contract
and if you do 39 hours you get paid the same as a FT.
When you get paid SSPR for your overtime that has an element of Del Sup in it.
When you get paid SSPR for your overtime that has an element of Del Sup in it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.