ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
-
Syze
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
It wasn't racist, it wasn't sexist, it wasn't about children, religion or minorities, but it was a sick joke made on Facebook. Not even posted as a status, but as a reply to friends post that someone got upset over and tweeted to Royal Mail. They replied back that it would be investigated. Alright, I guess you need the joke - after someone posted a joke about Mo Salah's injury I said "terrible end to a terrible season, the best bit was Alex Ferguson's brain haemorrhage."
Anyone that knows me knows this is a joke, because I am the butt of the joke - it's not about Alex Ferguson, it's not about people that have suffered brain haemorrhages, it's about how I am so preoccupied with my hatred of Man Utd that I would stoop so low. People that took offence don't know me, I have tried to explain it to them. I have made a similar joke in work and people laughed. I guess a joke in person doesn't translate well on typed social media. I didn't think about people I don't even know reading it and getting upset, it was a dumb joke intended for one person that knows me.
I don't need to hear it was a terrible joke, not funny, shouldn't joke about that, fair enough, agree to disagree, I'll just go on record as saying it was a joke, I don't which it on Alex Ferguson or anyone. I'm of the mid sent anything can be joked about, the key is where the butt of the joke is and to me it's not Alex Ferguson or brain haemorrhage sufferers, but me. But I guess I'm bad at telling jokes. I just need to know what I'm facing when I go into work on Tuesday. Thank you.
Anyone that knows me knows this is a joke, because I am the butt of the joke - it's not about Alex Ferguson, it's not about people that have suffered brain haemorrhages, it's about how I am so preoccupied with my hatred of Man Utd that I would stoop so low. People that took offence don't know me, I have tried to explain it to them. I have made a similar joke in work and people laughed. I guess a joke in person doesn't translate well on typed social media. I didn't think about people I don't even know reading it and getting upset, it was a dumb joke intended for one person that knows me.
I don't need to hear it was a terrible joke, not funny, shouldn't joke about that, fair enough, agree to disagree, I'll just go on record as saying it was a joke, I don't which it on Alex Ferguson or anyone. I'm of the mid sent anything can be joked about, the key is where the butt of the joke is and to me it's not Alex Ferguson or brain haemorrhage sufferers, but me. But I guess I'm bad at telling jokes. I just need to know what I'm facing when I go into work on Tuesday. Thank you.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Nowhere in your post do you explain where you have involved Royal Mail in this so called "joke". What's it got to do with them? Please explain so I can understand a bit better as to why you are reportedly facing an investigation. Before that, if I were you I'd stop repeating it , you're right it isn't funny, but when in a hole stop digging etc. I can't for the life of me see why you're the butt of the joke ,when clearly it was Sir Alex Ferguson , unless you are he? You're not Jimmy Carr that much is true.
Last edited by rubberbond on 28 May 2018, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
-
Syze
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
I guess you have to know me, anyone that knows me knows I hate Man Utd with a passion but I play it up, the point is meant to be that I am so preoccupied with my hate of them that it makes me a bad person. But I understand, you have to know me to know that, but it was a joke to someone who does know me, I have said something similar to people in work and got a laugh because they know me and can read my intent.rubberbond wrote:Nowhere in your post do,you explain where you have involved Royal Mail in this so called "joke". What's it got to do with them? Please explain so I can understand a bit better as to why you are reportedly facing an investigation. Before that, if I were you I'd stop repeating it , you're right it isn't funny, but when in a hole stop digging etc. I can't for the life of me see why you're the butt of the joke ,when clearly it was Sir Alex Ferguson , unless you are he? You're not Jimmy Carr that much is true.
I never mentioned Royal Mail, the person that tweeted Royal Mail is a Facebook friend of the person I made the joke to. I don't know him at all.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
A joke is supposed to be funny
-
Syze
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Fair enough.hothothot wrote:A joke is supposed to be funny
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
what does it have to do with royal mail? you posted a joke on your facebook page that had nothing to do with royal mail. its none of their business.
-
Syze
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
That's my thinking. I didn't even pots it on my page, I posted it in reply to a friends post. But it's Royal Mail.miles_peters wrote:what does it have to do with royal mail? you posted a joke on your facebook page that had nothing to do with royal mail. its none of their business.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Forget it you have done nothing wrong.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Don't forget it, speak to CWU rep about it. It has nothing to do with RM and they have nothing to investigate and in all likely hood you won't hear anything again. Should you do, then you are ready for a response.
-
Syze
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Thanks for the advice.Spedley wrote:Don't forget it, speak to CWU rep about it. It has nothing to do with RM and they have nothing to investigate and in all likely hood you won't hear anything again. Should you do, then you are ready for a response.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Delete it? Anyone can easily fake a screenshot
-
Syze
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Yeah, it's gone. I'm not a liar though, I won't deny it.Creditshampoo wrote:Delete it? Anyone can easily fake a screenshot
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
I think the advice to see your rep first thing Tuesday is good, however, should they decide to launch an official investigation I can't see what it has to do with them. As long as you did it in your own time, made no reference to the job or company you work for, and didn't use their equipment to post then you can just forget it. Head down ,arse up, low profile moving target.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Been Reported & Facing Investigation For A Bad Taste Joke
Sounds like a Snowflake took offence like they take offence at a lot of things.
If you're going to make jokes even if its a bad taste, that's was probably one of the milder ones compared to some websites that specialises in sicko jokes, its best to do it offline or in private messaging with those you really trust.
You should try Army banter thats much closer to the bone, nothing is sacred.
Presonally I would front it out, if you made no reference to Royal Mail and didn't identify yourself as a Royal mail worker, its facebook they would use the "report" function and Facebook will just delete it.
If you're going to make jokes even if its a bad taste, that's was probably one of the milder ones compared to some websites that specialises in sicko jokes, its best to do it offline or in private messaging with those you really trust.
You should try Army banter thats much closer to the bone, nothing is sacred.
Presonally I would front it out, if you made no reference to Royal Mail and didn't identify yourself as a Royal mail worker, its facebook they would use the "report" function and Facebook will just delete it.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.