ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay and pay rises

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by Rapidryan88 »

I start in two weeks and just wanted to make sure this is correct.
Start £9.50
6 months £10
1 year £10.5
Is there any pay rises scheduled in future that chance this or have already changed this?
Thank you
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by Justanotherstar »

Think we go up another 2% next April
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay and pay rises

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Justanotherstar wrote:Think we go up another 2% next April
and 2.6% in October for all with the 1 hr reduction for FTs.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Thanks guys
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Pay and pay rises

Post by Navalron »

There old rates mate. After one year it's now £11.10 per hour plus your £25.46 per week, pro data delivery supplement. That's national inner and outer London are about £13:91(innner) and Oxford and other places get high living cost money, it's just i didn't get where you were starting but good luck.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by Rapidryan88 »

I’d be starting in Cambridgeshire :) 11.10 is a nice surprise if I do infact get that after a year. What’s that extra 25 pounds for?
Thank you
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Pay and pay rises

Post by clashcityrocker »

Rapidryan88 wrote:I’d be starting in Cambridgeshire :) 11.10 is a nice surprise if I do infact get that after a year. What’s that extra 25 pounds for?
Thank you
You get a delivery supplement for working in a delivery office. It works out at about 65p/hr.
So multiply that by your contract.
You also get it in your overtime up to 39 hours.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by Rapidryan88 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I’d be starting in Cambridgeshire :) 11.10 is a nice surprise if I do infact get that after a year. What’s that extra 25 pounds for?
Thank you
You get a delivery supplement for working in a delivery office. It works out at about 65p/hr.
So multiply that by your contract.
You also get it in your overtime up to 39 hours.
Thank you very much :)
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Pay and pay rises

Post by Jacko29 »

Hi, sorry to butt in but I was just wondering what the wage is per hour for overtime over 39 hours. Cheers
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by number one »

Jacko29 wrote:Hi, sorry to butt in but I was just wondering what the wage is per hour for overtime over 39 hours. Cheers
1st 10hrs £11.49 an hour
Over 10hrs £11.10 an hour
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Pay and pay rises

Post by Jacko29 »

number one wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:Hi, sorry to butt in but I was just wondering what the wage is per hour for overtime over 39 hours. Cheers
1st 10hrs £11.49 an hour
Over 10hrs £11.10 an hour
Thank you
bobsworth
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by bobsworth »

Rapidryan88 wrote:I start in two weeks and just wanted to make sure this is correct.
Start £9.50
6 months £10
1 year £10.5
Is there any pay rises scheduled in future that chance this or have already changed this?
Thank you
Same here. New positions are now advertised at:

Starting Salary

Age 17 £7.77 + 6 months +12 months
Age 18 £9.99 £10.54 £11.10

So I guess that even if you applied at £9.50 you will start on £9.99 plus the scheduled rises from the pay deal...
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Pay and pay rises

Post by Rapidryan88 »

bobsworth wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I start in two weeks and just wanted to make sure this is correct.
Start £9.50
6 months £10
1 year £10.5
Is there any pay rises scheduled in future that chance this or have already changed this?
Thank you
Same here. New positions are now advertised at:

Starting Salary

Age 17 £7.77 + 6 months +12 months
Age 18 £9.99 £10.54 £11.10

So I guess that even if you applied at £9.50 you will start on £9.99 plus the scheduled rises from the pay deal...
Ah cool thank you that would be great if so :)