ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rounds tested
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
Any offices have there rounds tested before or after any revision? Be good to get things back on track and do the round exactly as it should be done and see where we are time wise? It’s a a far outdated system that needs bringing up to date,I guess we are our on worst enemy,we just put up with crap and haven’t the energy or time to challenge anything to do with this job,and no doubt the Dom will be briefed with his remit and about what to say in his reply,I know ours does,it’s becoming a bit boring now,him never fighting our corner and maybe challenging his bosses god forbid
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
The Union tested ours a few years back, insisted most were too big and there had to be a minimum of 2 duties put back in. Nothing has ever come of it though.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
Appreciate the reply my friend,no surprise there then,keep the workforce under the cosh and morale at rock bottom,that’s how they roll these days in a culture of fear,all very sadpostietom wrote:The Union tested ours a few years back, insisted most were too big and there had to be a minimum of 2 duties put back in. Nothing has ever come of it though.
-
ninja
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
Pda data will be used going forward.
New revisions will be based on fmo agreement.
I assume this will use 52 weeks pda data to build the walks.
New revisions will be based on fmo agreement.
I assume this will use 52 weeks pda data to build the walks.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Rounds tested
Not on all our duties we don't have enough pda's in the office. I filled in 3 POD cards today and spent 10+ mins back at office manually entering the numbers into a phg PDA. My 2D scanning today was a fantastic 0%ninja wrote:Pda data will be used going forward.
New revisions will be based on fmo agreement.
I assume this will use 52 weeks pda data to build the walks.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
So i presume overtime/cut offs are through the roof then?postietom wrote:The Union tested ours a few years back, insisted most were too big and there had to be a minimum of 2 duties put back in. Nothing has ever come of it though.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
Welcome to test my walk anytime I allready no the answer it's too big , it's at least 1.5 hours too big. That's according to management and the union. There welcome to test it with PDAs it will tell them the same thing , your walks too big , what a surprise.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
As previously mentioned, the PDA Data Capture should go a long way to actually show how long duties are. For the first time in 500 years Royal Mail, and the CWU, will have access to "Accurate" Data.... not just the opinions of the Postie or the Manager.
I'm no Company Man but I am pissed off with the amount of people in my DO who are getting paid a full days wage and consistently manage to carve an hour or so off it every day. I am passed by my own Postie (who works in the next DO) on his way home at 11.00 every day!
Not very good for morale when I know I've got another 3 hours plus of work to do!
I have no problem with having my walk checked accurately because I know I'm "Working Properly" using LWT, taking Meal Breaks etc. I can imagine that there's probably several thousand Posties bricking themselves because they've been taking the piss for years, and getting away with it. What goes around comes around
I'm no Company Man but I am pissed off with the amount of people in my DO who are getting paid a full days wage and consistently manage to carve an hour or so off it every day. I am passed by my own Postie (who works in the next DO) on his way home at 11.00 every day!
I have no problem with having my walk checked accurately because I know I'm "Working Properly" using LWT, taking Meal Breaks etc. I can imagine that there's probably several thousand Posties bricking themselves because they've been taking the piss for years, and getting away with it. What goes around comes around
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
They'll probably get you to come into work an hr and half later while they get a runner to prep yours up in a morning. Hey presto, your rounds not too big anymore.hothothot wrote:Welcome to test my walk anytime I allready no the answer it's too big , it's at least 1.5 hours too big. That's according to management and the union. There welcome to test it with PDAs it will tell them the same thing , your walks too big , what a surprise.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
These bloody runners have ruined this job.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Rounds tested
robbertwhitton wrote:Any offices have there rounds tested before or after any revision? Be good to get things back on track and do the round exactly as it should be done and see where we are time wise?
Bye
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
In our DO after we had the last revision the DOM was on board if any changes needed to be made afterwards. Quite a few roads were moved around to make the walks as equal as possible but it isn't easy as there are so many variables. If anyone wanted their walk tested the DOM would come out with you on delivery to check it was being done properly. As we knew two walks ended up being too long so those walks don't have to do IPS now and we got one or two posties on early IPS to compensate. So it can be done. It didn't truly fix the walks that were too long but the DOM did something to try and help. We didn't really want to do another complete revision as it is so stressful and causes a lot of upset.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
Couldn't tell you about the overtime, no idea. Very few cut off, but we don't do absortions or are never questioned about finishing early either so I guess that's the balance we strike.Jpro747 wrote:So i presume overtime/cut offs are through the roof then?postietom wrote:The Union tested ours a few years back, insisted most were too big and there had to be a minimum of 2 duties put back in. Nothing has ever come of it though.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
postietom wrote:The Union tested ours a few years back, insisted most were too big and there had to be a minimum of 2 duties put back in. Nothing has ever come of it though.
Why oh why are we constantley failed ?
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Rounds tested
Some postie's are naturally quick some are naturally slow , some go over , some are early finisers. When your walk is tested if they check it with a fastie they say it's too small , if they check it with a slowie it can't be done. how are PDA actuals going to sort this out ?