ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What am I signing?
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
I posted House A's mail into Post B by mistake.
Knocked on both doors to explain and apologise but only House A were in.
House B have now made a complaint in writing about it and also alleged I signed for their post - I didn't as I don't sign for anyone ever.
DOM spoke to me about it and said I have to sign a form now.
What is this form? Anyone know?
Knocked on both doors to explain and apologise but only House A were in.
House B have now made a complaint in writing about it and also alleged I signed for their post - I didn't as I don't sign for anyone ever.
DOM spoke to me about it and said I have to sign a form now.
What is this form? Anyone know?
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
If you signed for something ask them to show it to you. It is recorded electronically, date and time and they will also have the GPS data of where you allegedly scanned and signed for it.
As for signing the paper you manager wants you sign i'd guess it was a coaching form.
As for signing the paper you manager wants you sign i'd guess it was a coaching form.
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
I suggested that but DOM said no need as he knows it wasn't me.
That's a whole other can of worms by the sounds of things.
That's a whole other can of worms by the sounds of things.
-
gone postal
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
It's more than likely the 3C's process. Counseling, Coaching and Conduct.
This is the unagreed process used by RM for discipline.
They tried to use it in my office but anyone asked to sign refused.
Area rep put in a disagreement so they stopped it!!
This is the unagreed process used by RM for discipline.
They tried to use it in my office but anyone asked to sign refused.
Area rep put in a disagreement so they stopped it!!
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
We've had a similar issue, manager came with a complaint form to a frame being covered by a reserve from another
office. Manager explained detail of issue, reserve confirmed he wasn't on the duty that day. Manager said 'I know but just sign
it to say issue has been acknowledged'. Reserve quite rightly told him where to go......
office. Manager explained detail of issue, reserve confirmed he wasn't on the duty that day. Manager said 'I know but just sign
it to say issue has been acknowledged'. Reserve quite rightly told him where to go......
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
Discipline? LOLgone postal wrote:It's more than likely the 3C's process. Counseling, Coaching and Conduct.
This is the unagreed process used by RM for discipline.
They tried to use it in my office but anyone asked to sign refused.
Area rep put in a disagreement so they stopped it!!
They take you in a room with a "coach" explain the procedure, where you went wrong etc..... and ask you to sign a form saying you understood, took it all in etc.... Discipline? If you think that's discipline god help you if you ever worked somewhere else.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
well the thing is if you got sacked from Royal Mail you wont be taken in to an office and yelled at then either, management have to take a softly- softly approach but the end results can still be very serious.smok3y666 wrote:gone postal wrote:
They take you in a room with a "coach" explain the procedure, where you went wrong etc..... and ask you to sign a form saying you understood, took it all in etc.... Discipline? If you think that's discipline god help you if you ever worked somewhere else.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
Being "coached" is hardly serious and nowhere near comparative to being sacked plus you don't HAVE to sign the form either ;)Postie45 wrote:well the thing is if you got sacked from Royal Mail you wont be taken in to an office and yelled at then either, management have to take a softly- softly approach but the end results can still be very serious.smok3y666 wrote:gone postal wrote:
They take you in a room with a "coach" explain the procedure, where you went wrong etc..... and ask you to sign a form saying you understood, took it all in etc.... Discipline? If you think that's discipline god help you if you ever worked somewhere else.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
im not saying it is, im just saying that being disciplined is never going to be "scary " and akin to having a manager giving you a rollicking as you may get in other jobs, even for the most serious offences theyre just going to talk it through and make a decision, the consequences would still be as bad as after a rollocking.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
Sign nothing.
They'll only hold it against you later saying you agreed to the out come. If they insist , don't sign the form but put a letter in saying you are signing to acknowledge receipt of the paper work but disagree with it. Winds them up no end
They'll only hold it against you later saying you agreed to the out come. If they insist , don't sign the form but put a letter in saying you are signing to acknowledge receipt of the paper work but disagree with it. Winds them up no end
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
If you've done nothing wrong don't sign squat. If you have done something wrong I still wouldn't sign squat. Get your union rep involved.
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
Thanks for the info on this.
I won't be signing anything - it was a simple error that most people would have resolved themselves by walking next door with the mail and handing it over.
Probably took longer to write the complaint.
I won't be signing anything - it was a simple error that most people would have resolved themselves by walking next door with the mail and handing it over.
Probably took longer to write the complaint.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
What am I signing?
I was in exactly the same position a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't believe that some sad bastard would actually ring up to complain. I got "coached" too and had to sign a form.Ralpho wrote:Thanks for the info on this.
I won't be signing anything - it was a simple error that most people would have resolved themselves by walking next door with the mail and handing it over.
Probably took longer to write the complaint.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
Just sign. Nothing ever happens with these things. A kid who worked in our unit was just with us as a stop gap while he was waiting to the join the Navy, as a result he wasn't always particularly focussed shall we say. I was in our doms office with him once and he pulled out his file; it must have contained 30 or 40 sheets of paper virtually all of which were complaints about misposting. He worked for us for about 18 months, literally. It must've been a weekly thing virtually. He was on a walk where there were many roads next to each other that sound similar.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
What am I signing?
Are you signing it to say that you have done it and it's YOU at fault leaving a nice and tidy paper trail for the Royal Mail to follow or are you signing it to cover the managers ar$e in that he's telling you to sign it 'just to confirm that he's spoken to you about it'.
Whatever. Never fails to amaze me why some posties get told to sign counselling forms whilst others i.e. favourites/brown nosers are not even on the management radar.
Whatever. Never fails to amaze me why some posties get told to sign counselling forms whilst others i.e. favourites/brown nosers are not even on the management radar.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.