ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Little old ladies

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Little old ladies

Post by Post12345 »

I have delivered to a set of retirement bungalows for a few months now. A couple of the old girls have taken a shine to me and it's all very lovely chatting to them etc. But one lady keeps asking me in for a cup of tea, she is very sweet... I'm a 35 year old lady I don't think anyone would mind if I popped in after finish one day as I only live up the road but what is royal mail's stance on it? I think she's just lonely but she's always out and about etc and I really don't mind chatting away to her. Could I get in trouble?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by number one »

No you wouldn’t get in trouble.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by aiden01 »

Post12345 wrote:I have delivered to a set of retirement bungalows for a few months now. A couple of the old girls have taken a shine to me and it's all very lovely chatting to them etc. But one lady keeps asking me in for a cup of tea, she is very sweet... I'm a 35 year old lady I don't think anyone would mind if I popped in after finish one day as I only live up the road but what is royal mail's stance on it? I think she's just lonely but she's always out and about etc and I really don't mind chatting away to her. Could I get in trouble?
Nothing to do with royal mail your just being a friendly neighbour ( well you live just up the road).
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by olilew »

As long as you don't take any mail in you would be doing nothing wrong.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Little old ladies

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I still keep in touch with a couple of old ladies from my old round. There are so many lonely people out there and the Postie will sometimes be the only person they see all day :sad:
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by Seymour Buts »

After finish? Surely nobody's business but yours. No different to when I pop into my dad's for a coffee after work or whatever.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yes what is royal mails stance on anything we care to do in our own time??? They couldn’t give a monkeys,old school posties no doubt pop in for a chat with there customers up and down the country,some things don’t change,lapsing budgets,overtime etc,it’s nice to switch off and simply have a chat and a cuppa,regardless of time or work pressure,it’s not for everyone I’m well aware of that,it wasn’t that long ago we were encouraged to look out for our customers on delivery etc,how things change in this rat race?
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by cpsteve »

Do not do it, if the little old lady loses her purse you may be accused of taking it and then it becomes a problem at work.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by Mobey »

Let's hope she doesn't have dementia and accuse you of stealing things! :pray
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by crimson king »

Ha ha ha, sorry but the sudden switch of mood in this thread did make me laugh. It starts off with yes, lovely little old ladies, the good old British postie is their only contact and it's all an old fashioned Ealing film kind of warmth to No! Don't do it! She might frame you for nicking her purse! Slip a roofie in your tea and do unimaginablly disgusting things to you! Initiate you into the black magic ways of Satan over an LSD laced digestive!

Community spirited warmth to weary cynicism quicker than a DOM hiding the overtime docket. Brilliant.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by hothothot »

Beware little old ladies could be bad for your health !!!
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Little old ladies

Post by tonytucker »

She probably gaggibg for sone actiob
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Little old ladies

Post by greengiant »

tonytucker wrote:She probably gaggibg for sone actiob
Oooh! Young man!

:wink: