ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PHG/locker duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cmcf96
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 02:04
Gender: Male

PHG/locker duty

Post by Cmcf96 »

Was put down for PHG training in my office and have so far got 3 days training, baring in mind I didn't ask for this, the job is ok to catch on to but I hate it and miss working out in delivery as a normal postie!, it's a cover role so I'll be on my own next week. Can I refuse this role ??
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

PHG/locker duty

Post by number one »

Cmcf96 wrote:Was put down for PHG training in my office and have so far got 3 days training, baring in mind I didn't ask for this, the job is ok to catch on to but I hate it and miss working out in delivery as a normal postie!, it's a cover role so I'll be on my own next week. Can I refuse this role ??

If you don’t want to do it just be rubbish at it and they will soon move you. Also you might be eligible for leadership allowance which I believe (not 100%) is about £40 a week.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

PHG/locker duty

Post by Navalron »

No such thing as phg, (postman higher grade) anymore was done away about 97. Working in rle used to be a doddle until specials took off and all the extra pkts/prcls.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

PHG/locker duty

Post by hothothot »

Number ones dead right. If in doubt f..k it up then they won't put you on it anymore. I mean look at management !