ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part time working full time hours
-
Dhdeanie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 22 Sep 2016, 10:41
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
Hi all, iv been with Royal Mail just under 2years on a 20 hour contract but Iv never worked 20 hours. I’m always put on full time rounds. Iv asked my managers for more contracted hours but they always say they are looking into it. Same with the union rep! The next person is on 32 hours. Starting to get me down as holidays and rest weeks I get half pay!! Any advise? Cheers guys
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
I know it’s tough but you gotta work your contract hours. That’s the only way for a full time position to open up.
Then the position will be advertised and the most senior member of staff will get it
Then the position will be advertised and the most senior member of staff will get it
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/holid ... firms-eat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Dhdeanie wrote:Hi all, iv been with Royal Mail just under 2years on a 20 hour contract but Iv never worked 20 hours. I’m always put on full time rounds. Iv asked my managers for more contracted hours but they always say they are looking into it. Same with the union rep! The next person is on 32 hours. Starting to get me down as holidays and rest weeks I get half pay!! Any advise? Cheers guys
I have attached the above link for your information.
RM have been dithering over the inclusion of O/T in holiday pay.
Several cases have seen employers taken to an ET on this subject and have had a mixed response.
Some have been successful in their application where the O/T was compulsory but others where the O/T was regarded as voluntary lost their case.
RM has argued that their O/T is completely voluntary and not to be included in holiday pay but recently this has been overturned by EAT ( Employment Appeals Tribunal ).
if the O/T is regular and normal practice as mentioned in the link
This is now a matter for CWU to put pressure on RM.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
Reviews are to be done in March and September each year regarding part timers working over their contract hours regularly, your rep should be having weekly resourcing meetings where your problem and possibly others should be brought up.Dhdeanie wrote:Hi all, iv been with Royal Mail just under 2years on a 20 hour contract but Iv never worked 20 hours. I’m always put on full time rounds. Iv asked my managers for more contracted hours but they always say they are looking into it. Same with the union rep! The next person is on 32 hours. Starting to get me down as holidays and rest weeks I get half pay!! Any advise? Cheers guys
Show your rep page 8 of the new agreement...
http://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ballot.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
Same old story!! People never just working their contracted hours!
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
.
Last edited by Murdoch on 18 Oct 2018, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dhdeanie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 22 Sep 2016, 10:41
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
My wife seems to think I should be getting more than my contracted pay for annual leave and rest weeks. Anyone heard of this?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Part time working full time hours
The law isn't as firm as that yet.Dhdeanie wrote:My wife seems to think I should be getting more than my contracted pay for annual leave and rest weeks. Anyone heard of this?
Royal Mail classes overtime as voluntary which they believe doesn't automatically entitle workers to an average payout of overtime when on leave. As far as I know, the CWU are raising this issue with RM, and cases are still progressing.
Watch this space, or make a claim through an Employment Tribunal are the 2 choices at the moment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dhdeanie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 22 Sep 2016, 10:41
- Gender: Male
Part time working full time hours
Update: I got the union involved and six weeks ago I was told it’s all agreed my hours are going up from 20-32 Dom even announced it. But here we are 6 weeks later and still no increase!!! Union say Royal Mail have now decided not to up my hours as we have had a couple transfer into our unit.... what a Joke