ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Duties

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Beanyjazz
Posts: 215
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 19:59
Gender: Male

Duties

Post by Beanyjazz »

Morning all.

Was just hoping for a bit of help. I work on collections (PT) and was just wondering what's supposed to happen when people leave! We're currently 2 people short so deliveries are covering lots of our duties as overtime.

One of the duties (Mon - Fri) has been vacant for well over a year, and another one (Mon - Sat with Tue off) has been vacant now for 4 weeks. Aren't they supposed to go on the board so people can choose them?? The last new starter was put on a duty without that one going on the board for people to choose.

When I spoke to our union rep (deliveries) he basically told me 'to go and ask the manager myself', but I have done in the past and he said last time 'when I interview them I tell them their day off so they have to have that duty when they start'.

This same manager is refusing to put the HYS results as 'they're just the same as last year'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Duties

Post by ihatedogs »

Vacant duties should be advertised after 6 months, get your rep onto it, I did. Had a vacant duty in our office covered by a floater, I fancied it so just got onto DOM & rep until it was advertised.
Took some nagging though,:-)