ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
luther
Posts: 3
Joined: 15 Sep 2011, 06:15
Gender: Male

I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs.

Post by luther »

I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs. I work in an office that has merged with another office and the person covering the other locker duty is on compassionate leave for unknown time. My line manager asked me to cover the other
office locker to which I agreed if someone from that office helped me by sorting out the special deliveries into their walks which would take that person a maximum of 30minutes and I would continue to do the rest on my own to which he said no, I would have to do everything on my own. I refused. My DOM approached me and asked me if we could come to an agreement for me to cover the locker duty and I told her the same thing and she agreed to send someone to sort the special deliveries in the morning. Two days later when my DOM was off the line manager refused to send someone to sort out the special deliveries and told me to do it myself to which I told him that I had a deal with the DOM. He told me that I was
rude and to leave the office. He than went and told my union rep to tell me to be careful or I would be disciplined for my behavior.
The next day when my DOM was back I asked my union rep to organise a meeting between me the line manager the union rep and the DOM. At the meeting the manager started making allegations against me and refused to answer any of my questions and stormed out of the meeting saying I do not have to take this from you and you are getting on my nerves. Please tell me what to do.















dom
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

about stopping my pay

Post by BELIAL »

Any news on the brighton DO shotgun siege on Friday?See Metro.
Bye
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

luther wrote:I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs. I work in an office that has merged with another office and the person covering the other locker duty is on compassionate leave for unknown time. My line manager asked me to cover the other
office locker to which I agreed if someone from that office helped me by sorting out the special deliveries into their walks which would take that person a maximum of 30minutes and I would continue to do the rest on my own to which he said no, I would have to do everything on my own. I refused. My DOM approached me and asked me if we could come to an agreement for me to cover the locker duty and I told her the same thing and she agreed to send someone to sort the special deliveries in the morning. Two days later when my DOM was off the line manager refused to send someone to sort out the special deliveries and told me to do it myself to which I told him that I had a deal with the DOM. He told me that I was
rude and to leave the office. He than went and told my union rep to tell me to be careful or I would be disciplined for my behavior.
The next day when my DOM was back I asked my union rep to organise a meeting between me the line manager the union rep and the DOM. At the meeting the manager started making allegations against me and refused to answer any of my questions and stormed out of the meeting saying I do not have to take this from you and you are getting on my nerves. Please tell me what to do.















dom
As far as I can see you've done everything you need to.
BELIAL wrote:Any news on the brighton DO shotgun siege on Friday?See Metro.
:hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
:confused :confused :confused

Last year https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... on#p769117" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs.

Post by hothothot »

Any agreements you have with management always need to be witnessed by preferably your union rep, if not a reliable work colleague. I've learnt over the years to allways have a witness otherwise they will deny any such agreement or even say you were aggressive towards them or swore at them. Rehab plans should really be in writing otherwise this is what can happen. Don't let the bastard's grind you down!
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs.

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 15:14, edited 2 times in total.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

I am on a rehab plan working 8hrs doing indoor jobs.

Post by LaggyBand »

97gaz wrote:
luther wrote: I refused.
Me? I'd have just got on with it. Then when I've spent three or four times longer because I've had to wonder round the office asking people where places are and there's then a queue of impatient posties threatening to book overtime because they're late out, it'll be on the doms head.

You can also ask the Dom Support to put the overhead file on your PC. It helps a lot!
I agree with this guy. Unfortunately the business has taught us over the years that the safest thing to do is follow instruction. Never preempt a problem with that instruction if it comes from a hostile manager. Simply remember that you are dumb labour only, a number, and enjoy the sequence you foresaw manifest. Never say, “I told you so”. Simply think it. Think it, and have a party in your mind.