ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rest day changed
-
St1983
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 21:12
- Gender: Female
Rest day changed
So I am a reserve and my rest day is always different every week. This week my rest day was meant to be Thursday. My manager just texted me couple hours after I finished today and said rest has been changed to tomorrow (tues) can he do this? I've texted him back saying it's too last min and I've got plans already on thurs and basically he just said there's nothing for me? What can I do?
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Rest day changed
Go in to work as normal tomorrow,i believe you should be given at least 24hrs notice to change and as you have stated you have already made plans for your scheduled rest day.
Very poor and rude management
Very poor and rude management
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Rest day changed
Go in tomorrow. Tough luck if there is no work for you he should have actually managed in the first place
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
Rest day changed
I really can't get my head around all the issues with rotas in RM.
Ours are done on a week to week basis, usually posted on a Saturday afternoon.
How on earth can you plan ahead when you've no idea when your next day off is?
Ours are done on a week to week basis, usually posted on a Saturday afternoon.
How on earth can you plan ahead when you've no idea when your next day off is?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Rest day changed
if it's anything like our do there are not enough staff to do the jobs on a daily basis.
I do our rota's and if we didn't borrow people in we would never get a clear day, sometimes 2 walks will go out on overtime, I do get our rota's reay three weeks in advance, bt they change soo much that I have to put out a new one on a Saturday Morning.
I do our rota's and if we didn't borrow people in we would never get a clear day, sometimes 2 walks will go out on overtime, I do get our rota's reay three weeks in advance, bt they change soo much that I have to put out a new one on a Saturday Morning.
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
Rest day changed
Must be very frustrating
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Rest day changed
Not having a go at you but this is a problem for RM to solve and not dump on delivery staff at short noticedoorstepped wrote:if it's anything like our do there are not enough staff to do the jobs on a daily basis.
I do our rota's and if we didn't borrow people in we would never get a clear day, sometimes 2 walks will go out on overtime, I do get our rota's reay three weeks in advance, bt they change soo much that I have to put out a new one on a Saturday Morning.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Rest day changed
If they want to contact you about work it should be during work hours in person, not a text.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Rest day changed
I know this is a bit late now, but in future just say "what text?" act as if you did not get it. He/she does not know.
A phone call would be a bit harder to miss, but you do not have to answer after all you are not working.
And we have been good manners and proper procedure to ask you if you would change not tell you.
A phone call would be a bit harder to miss, but you do not have to answer after all you are not working.
And we have been good manners and proper procedure to ask you if you would change not tell you.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Rest day changed
This issue keeps coming up again and AGAIN.
I myself have opened a topic on it years ago I believe, and as far as I know, the problem is still out there!
No-one actually knows where you stand! Yep, no specific citation for you to use, just some rough hearsay advice thrown about, not very comforting going into work on a day they’ve put you as off, expecting your original day off, when you’re not even sure if you can defend yourself from any comeback.
Ridiculous. Why isn’t stuff like this put in black and white?
I myself have opened a topic on it years ago I believe, and as far as I know, the problem is still out there!
No-one actually knows where you stand! Yep, no specific citation for you to use, just some rough hearsay advice thrown about, not very comforting going into work on a day they’ve put you as off, expecting your original day off, when you’re not even sure if you can defend yourself from any comeback.
Ridiculous. Why isn’t stuff like this put in black and white?