Just wondering what the situation is with holiday leave.
I'm in the job just over 4 months and was just told I can't have any holiday leave until late September.
Is this normal? I don't fancy working all summer while the kids are off and then having to sit at home for two weeks in September when they're back at school.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leave Query
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Leave Query
Sounds about right as this years leave was allocated. Last October and school holidays are most sought after
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
Leave Query
Ah right, thanks for that.
Well, who knows I might get a Saturday off before that... Might
Well, who knows I might get a Saturday off before that... Might
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 424
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Leave Query
They do have to try and honour any holidays you had booked prior to commencing the job...wink wink...
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Leave Query
Right so they’re saying al leave us booked up until late September your office sounds a shambles
-
Ralpho
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 09:41
- Gender: Male
Leave Query
That's what I was told but it does seem poorly organised - almost 5 months in and I still haven't had a Saturday off, no log in for my Pda, no ID badge, did 5 weeks with no day off and when I queried it I was asked 'do you need a day off?'Creditshampoo wrote:Right so they’re saying al leave us booked up until late September your office sounds a shambles
-
matt_1983
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 08:39
- Gender: Male
Leave Query
I applied for a Tuesday and Wednesday off for this September and was told theres no space in the book. Having looked through the book theres more or less no spaces for the rest of this year. Also, for some reason our DOM is now in charge of sorting all the annual leave, and locks the leave book in his office most of the time making it very difficult to go and have a look at it. The only time you can look at it is when he’s sat in his office whilst youre looking through, which is a bit odd.
I think its mad a DOM is doing the annual leave anyway, but to also be making it harder to access the leave book is a joke and im not sure of his motivations for doing this.
I think its mad a DOM is doing the annual leave anyway, but to also be making it harder to access the leave book is a joke and im not sure of his motivations for doing this.
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Leave Query
just book your holidays and tell them what dates you will be away for. stand your ground
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
Leave Query
You have to tell them at your interview if you had any pre-booked holidays.mr hil. wrote:They do have to try and honour any holidays you had booked prior to commencing the job...wink wink...