ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
30.00P shoe allowance
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
30.00P shoe allowance
Could anybody tell me if this is limited to one payment per year, or as and when new footwear is required. My DOM says £30 per year, but, like everything else he says, I smell bullshit.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
£30 shoe allowance
would guess its £30 per allowance, a pair every 6 months, pretty sure if RM gave everyone £75 and and said buy your own whenever as long its practical they'll be quids inbertieboy wrote:Could anybody tell me if this is limited to one payment per year, or as and when new footwear is required. My DOM says £30 per year, but, like everything else he says, I smell bullshit.
though not the smartest, the easyflex aren't too bad, decent in rain, and pretty light, i carry old comfy trainers when feet start aching,
always seems to be raining these days and sports direct gear is pretty naff
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
£30 shoe allowance
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 28&t=85426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LTB212/18 Royal Mail Footwear - Alternative Footwear Reimbursement Process - Medical/Health Reasons
No time limit is mentioned therefore the rep can argue "as and when required".
LTB212/18 Royal Mail Footwear - Alternative Footwear Reimbursement Process - Medical/Health Reasons
No time limit is mentioned therefore the rep can argue "as and when required".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
£30 shoe allowance
Always get a payment when new footwear is required usually twice a year but not been refused when i've applied 3 times. Nothing to do with your manager whether you get paid or not just give him your receipt and uniform manager decides wether to issue payment or not.bertieboy wrote:Could anybody tell me if this is limited to one payment per year, or as and when new footwear is required. My DOM says £30 per year, but, like everything else he says, I smell bullshit.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
£30 shoe allowance
30 quid twice a year to go towards two pairs of footwear. Once you have handed in a note from your doctor or whoever to say you have foot problems and need different footwear that is it. You get the money automatically each year then.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
£30 shoe allowance
Thanks for the replies.
-
jason1984
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 20:05
- Gender: Male
30.00P shoe allowance
I have size 15 feet and the only shoes I could wear supplied by royal mail are the anvil ones which they no longer stock,the ither ones are too heavy or caused me bad foot problems. £30 does not cover the total cost for me to purchase a new pair,so should royal mail pay me the additional money to cover the cost? I am not getting anything fancy,just ones I have found on sports direct,karrimor,only issue being the quality of them and they tend to only last 4 months. Anyone know where I stand trying to claim additional money as DOM says I'm only entitled to £30 that's it?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
30.00P shoe allowance
Dom is right £30 is limit.jason1984 wrote:I have size 15 feet and the only shoes I could wear supplied by royal mail are the anvil ones which they no longer stock,the ither ones are too heavy or caused me bad foot problems. £30 does not cover the total cost for me to purchase a new pair,so should royal mail pay me the additional money to cover the cost? I am not getting anything fancy,just ones I have found on sports direct,karrimor,only issue being the quality of them and they tend to only last 4 months. Anyone know where I stand trying to claim additional money as DOM says I'm only entitled to £30 that's it?
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
30.00P shoe allowance
Assuming you have a medical reason for buying own shoes you get £30 as and when you need a new pair otherwise you don't go out on delivery. Also anyone know why the £30 hasn't gone up to reflect inflation to my knowledge for the last 6 years at least.bertieboy wrote:Could anybody tell me if this is limited to one payment per year, or as and when new footwear is required. My DOM says £30 per year, but, like everything else he says, I smell bullshit.