ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sickness stages
-
Supermac0151
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 11 Apr 2015, 08:28
- Gender: Male
Sickness stages
Hey all just a quick question...how long do you have to be clear of absence before you drop a stage off your record? I was on a stage 2 plus 1 so just 1 away from a stage 3 but I've had no absences since August so over 9 months...thanks everyone
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Sickness stages
6 monthsSupermac0151 wrote:Hey all just a quick question...how long do you have to be clear of absence before you drop a stage off your record? I was on a stage 2 plus 1 so just 1 away from a stage 3 but I've had no absences since August so over 9 months...thanks everyone
-
charli67
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 20:53
- Gender: Male
Sickness stages
dont forget absences stay on your record for a year so even when you go 6 months and clear a stage warning if you are off sick again they will be counted.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Sickness stages
charli67 wrote:dont forget absences stay on your record for a year so even when you go 6 months and clear a stage warning if you are off sick again they will be counted.
So how are they clear if they stay on your record? unless you're off for the same issue I don't see how that can work?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sickness stages
No, you are clear of the stages 1,2 and 3 etc, but the sick periods remain on your record. Even if you aren't on a stage all sickness remains on record.Justanotherstar wrote:charli67 wrote:dont forget absences stay on your record for a year so even when you go 6 months and clear a stage warning if you are off sick again they will be counted.
So how are they clear if they stay on your record? unless you're off for the same issue I don't see how that can work?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Sickness stages
If the sickness has already been used against a stage then it won’t be used again.
Say you’re on a stage 1 and go sick for 5 days. The stage 1 runs out after 6 months but the 5 days absence still stays on your record to be used in the formal process
Say you’re on a stage 1 and go sick for 5 days. The stage 1 runs out after 6 months but the 5 days absence still stays on your record to be used in the formal process
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Sickness stages
Can someone clear this up for me. I'll use this as an example, If I was sick 5 day in Jan, 5 days in Feb and 5 days in March, this would trigger a stage 1 (15 days).. So after 6 months I'm off the stage so this means in September I am stage free. If I went sick for 5 days in October would this then trigger another stage 1 because I would have had more than 3 absences totalling 13 days in a 12 months period (jan-Dec)
If so this would mean that you could be removed from a stage after 6 months, have maybe even just 1 day off but if you're already over the limit for sick days in a 12 month period that triggered the original stage 1 would they then count the Jan Feb and March ones again as they are within the 12 month period?
If so this would mean that you could be removed from a stage after 6 months, have maybe even just 1 day off but if you're already over the limit for sick days in a 12 month period that triggered the original stage 1 would they then count the Jan Feb and March ones again as they are within the 12 month period?