ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

kill off stickers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sjnb6
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by sjnb6 »

on foreign letters do you use red or the pink ones.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by SpacePhoenix »

sjnb6 wrote:on foreign letters do you use red or the pink ones.
It's pink for foreign ones
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by CPTNemoUK »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
sjnb6 wrote:on foreign letters do you use red or the pink ones.
It's pink for foreign ones
What there pink ones? I've been with RM for 4 and half years and never knew that. :hmmmm
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by ted_e_bear »

Yeah supposed to be the pink ones but ours are that old they've dried up and don't stick.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by Celgar »

Yeah the larger pink ones for foreign kill offs although I tend to use the ordinary red ones now and they don't come back. Can't always find the pink ones to use as this kind of equipment is often out of stock. I don't think we have had any redirection bags for a while and we have just been told elastic bands will be rationed out or less easy to resupply. I am a natural hoarder but it does pay to keep extra bands/redirection bags etc 'hidden' somewhere on your frame. In our office if it isn't 'nailed down' it will likely go 'missing' if you understand my meaning. :angel
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by Celgar »

ted_e_bear wrote:Yeah supposed to be the pink ones but ours are that old they've dried up and don't stick.
The pink ones have always been like that. You have to feel the sticky on them and press really hard to get them to stay on. Sort of like the quality of paper and cardboard from country's such as China and Thailand. Or like China dumping sub-standard steel into other countries to collapse the market. Sorry got political there.......
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:Yeah the larger pink ones for foreign kill offs although I tend to use the ordinary red ones now and they don't come back.
I'd be surprised if more than 25% of all MC and DO staff know that pink ones are used for killed off foreign mail
dennis12
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by dennis12 »

been in my office nearly ten years and never seen one.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by redneck »

You learn something every day on here. It's not all about moaning.
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

kill off stickers

Post by Ozzvaldo »

26 years of servitude in and I have never seen, nor heard, of pink kill-off stickers until this thread. I'd better alert our One Plan champion.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by Celgar »

redneck wrote:You learn something every day on here. It's not all about moaning.
I'm not sure I have ever read a post on here that I would consider to be 'moaning' . I think most posts on here are genuine apart from the occasional bit of trolling.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by Celgar »

One plan champion. Is that like World Class Mail? We had those guys arrive in our DO once but they never came back. I think they might have realized we weren't that impressed.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by Jpro747 »

If you put a red sticker on they just keep getting sent back to the DO until you put a pink one on.
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

kill off stickers

Post by Ozzvaldo »

Celgar wrote:One plan champion. Is that like World Class Mail? We had those guys arrive in our DO once but they never came back. I think they might have realized we weren't that impressed.
I think the idea is that offices in similar functions should be all working to the same set of standards/working practices/philosophy etc.

The geezer who does a 140 mile round trip to my office once a fortnight to oversee this lofty ambition in my Stalag is obsessed with us signing in, wearing hi-viz jackets and stacking our D2Ds neatly under our frames. Mandatory use of LWTs, ensuring that everybody takes a meal break, a drive towards establishing equal and fair workloads, making sure van checks are carried out and so on have curiously yet to be mentioned, although I'm sure they are on the agenda.
1984
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Feb 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male

kill off stickers

Post by 1984 »

I was always told to use both