ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay rise and back pay
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
is it this week 1 may we get are back pay and pay rise ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay rise and back pay
Allegedlyhothothot wrote:is it this week 1 may we get are back pay and pay rise ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mormon79
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 03 May 2018, 10:08
- Gender: Female
Pay rise and back pay
Does anyone know, how it’s calculated? So I could check, if I got the right amount?
-
dan1986ccfc
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 07 Dec 2009, 16:58
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
5% of your pay since october 
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 424
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
I have just checked mine, at first I thought they had miscalculated and underpaid me, but you have to remember that Overtime Payments in the first weeks pay in October last year do not qualify for the extra 5% as they were worked the week before and are paid in arrears. I managed to reconcile their payment to within 57p of my calculations so I am confident they appear to have managed to do the job correctly and a little anomaly somewhere in my data or their's stops the payment from matching my calculations exactly. Probably to do with when the pay rise was actually implemented i.e was it a full week??
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
Yes I have checked mine and was similarly impressed at how accurate they got it. Sadly I lost more to the student loan company due to the high pay week that I wasn’t accounting for but never mind.
-
whosBenj
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 30 Nov 2017, 01:27
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
I've lost out on money to student loans a couple of times too. Surely we should be able to claim this back? Unless they calculate it on weekly earnings rather than just the total of 25k a year. If so, it's a load of !!! The interest they put on our loans will swallow up our small payments instantly.joewyan wrote:Yes I have checked mine and was similarly impressed at how accurate they got it. Sadly I lost more to the student loan company due to the high pay week that I wasn’t accounting for but never mind.
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
Totally agree it's a con. You can't claim it back unless you earn under a certain amount a year so we get stitched up every time we get a bonus or back pay. Get Martin Lewis on the case.whosBenj wrote:I've lost out on money to student loans a couple of times too. Surely we should be able to claim this back? Unless they calculate it on weekly earnings rather than just the total of 25k a year. If so, it's a load of !!! The interest they put on our loans will swallow up our small payments instantly.joewyan wrote:Yes I have checked mine and was similarly impressed at how accurate they got it. Sadly I lost more to the student loan company due to the high pay week that I wasn’t accounting for but never mind.
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
Why shouldn't you have to pay a student loan back. Why should you get higher education free.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Pay rise and back pay
Because a higher education should lead to a better paid job which means you will be paying it back through tax and NI contributions anyway.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Why shouldn't you have to pay a student loan back. Why should you get higher education free.
Plus we need certain professional people so why should they have to pay for the pleasure of being something we all need and use - teachers, doctors etc.
Who in their right mind would saddle a young person with £30 grand and more of debt?
Education should be free. It benefits us all.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
Can't you see the issue here. They are a Postman not a doctor etc, their higher education hasn't helped them very much.
People go to Uni to get a better job and as such earn more money, why should the people who chose not pay for them through their taxes.
People go to Uni to get a better job and as such earn more money, why should the people who chose not pay for them through their taxes.
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
Did anyone get wrong backpay ? My overtime etc was up the left last couple of weeks and dom says it was all put through correctly. Said the missing money must be from backpay being wrong. Been in and out of office till I'm sick talking about it lol.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
I have no problem paying it back and am perfectly happy with the way the payments are taken. I just said it took more than I was expecting it too as it thinks I will earn that every week and charges accordingly and unlike tax it won’t get adjusted the next week.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Why shouldn't you have to pay a student loan back. Why should you get higher education free.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
Sounds like the bad old days of the Child Support Agency...joewyan wrote:I have no problem paying it back and am perfectly happy with the way the payments are taken. I just said it took more than I was expecting it too as it thinks I will earn that every week and charges accordingly and unlike tax it won’t get adjusted the next week.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Why shouldn't you have to pay a student loan back. Why should you get higher education free.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Pay rise and back pay
I think you've missed the point. When you are paid weekly and receive a bonus or back pay you pay more back than someone who is on a monthly salary would. It's a flaw in the repayments system. Nobody said student loans shouldn't be repaid.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Can't you see the issue here. They are a Postman not a doctor etc, their higher education hasn't helped them very much.
People go to Uni to get a better job and as such earn more money, why should the people who chose not pay for them through their taxes.