ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Selective bullying
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
Funny how management always seem to bully the postmen who do the job properly and go over on occasions but the early starting, no meal relief, garden crossing , ghost O/T , doorsteppers get left alone.
Plus complaints on my round are always after my holiday and who do they come to to ask about the complaint , yes yours truly.
But when you tell them it wasn't you and was one of the DOM's favourite runners nothing gets done.
I know its water off a ducks back to me but see it done the new P/T staff
Plus complaints on my round are always after my holiday and who do they come to to ask about the complaint , yes yours truly.
But when you tell them it wasn't you and was one of the DOM's favourite runners nothing gets done.
I know its water off a ducks back to me but see it done the new P/T staff
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
what your saying goes on in all offices, I see it going on in my office daily all new staff are bullyied in to going over every day. I do the job by the book never go over, using trollies, and allways have my break,if it's really busy the Dom has to take loops off.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
It's divide and rule in the simplest form.
Fuels intimidation, followed up by bullying. Straight from the DOMs management training course.
Fuels intimidation, followed up by bullying. Straight from the DOMs management training course.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
I always laugh when people come up with this rubbish. Some people consider dragging your feet as doing the job properly!!!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
I bet you don't, not to their face anyway.number one wrote:I always laugh when people come up with this rubbish.
You don't come across as brave enough.
If you're going to have a sensible debate bring it on, if you're just going to spam the same shite on every thread just to noise people up you should try Twitter.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Selective bullying
But not all of them, that's the frigging pointnumber one wrote:I always laugh when people come up with this rubbish. Some people consider dragging your feet as doing the job properly!!!
Denigrating people, who raise valid points, by making sweeping statements is, in my opinion, a form of bullying. However, perhaps you could expand upon your opinion and explain why you hold that position.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:But not all of them, that's the frigging pointnumber one wrote:I always laugh when people come up with this rubbish. Some people consider dragging your feet as doing the job properly!!!![]()
Denigrating people, who raise valid points, by making sweeping statements is, in my opinion, a form of bullying. However, perhaps you could expand upon your opinion and explain why you hold that position.
Number one does not understand that it is not always about people dragging their feet.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
its not dragging your feet its doing your job properly. If I did all the shortcuts I would be just as fastnumber one wrote:I always laugh when people come up with this rubbish. Some people consider dragging your feet as doing the job properly!!!
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
I know exactly what the OP means
A manager will recieve 2 customer complaints for 2 different posties. One gets a 'try not to do it again' whilst the other has been counselled on something even more trivial (like scanning a 2D barcode and the customer suggesting that they had not received it) and is then being given paperwork to put their signature on. Often its the duty manager cover that gets asked to perform the dodgy deed as well, so the original line manager is somehow not implicated in the process.
Oh aye, I know exactly how the inner workings of the Royal Mail operate.
A manager will recieve 2 customer complaints for 2 different posties. One gets a 'try not to do it again' whilst the other has been counselled on something even more trivial (like scanning a 2D barcode and the customer suggesting that they had not received it) and is then being given paperwork to put their signature on. Often its the duty manager cover that gets asked to perform the dodgy deed as well, so the original line manager is somehow not implicated in the process.
Oh aye, I know exactly how the inner workings of the Royal Mail operate.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
Hold on, didn't you all rise up the other day, you know the 90 summin percent, I've seen the pictures on Twitter and Facebook fists in the air and all that.
So while you all rised up against that nasty employer for a nice strike day or two and to stick it to the woman, the real nitty gritty next to us on the shop floor gets ignored!
So while you all rised up against that nasty employer for a nice strike day or two and to stick it to the woman, the real nitty gritty next to us on the shop floor gets ignored!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Selective bullying
I've seen and been the victim of what I would call 'positive' bullying. It's when you are good at your job and can do something quicker or better than someone else. For example when I'm asked to frame up a duty I don't know for a p/t. I ask why can't another do it and am told "I can't ask them to do it as I can't trust them to do it quickly or accurately". There are countless examples of stuff like this in our office where the manager can't ask certain people to do stuff as they are below standard.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
Are you aware of the phrase "blowing smoke up your arse"?kookoo32 wrote:For example when I'm asked to frame up a duty I don't know for a p/t. I ask why can't another do it and am told "I can't ask them to do it as I can't trust them to do it quickly or accurately".
You're not quicker, better or gooder, you're just a bit more gullible.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Selective bullying
kookoo32 wrote:I've seen and been the victim of what I would call 'positive' bullying. It's when you are good at your job and can do something quicker or better than someone else. For example when I'm asked to frame up a duty I don't know for a p/t. I ask why can't another do it and am told "I can't ask them to do it as I can't trust them to do it quickly or accurately". There are countless examples of stuff like this in our office where the manager can't ask certain people to do stuff as they are below standard.
That is bullying but it also a failure of Royal Mail to train their managers to anything like a decent standard. In other jobs, you actively seek out those that are struggling or underperforming. Not to put pressure on them but to try and help them increase their skill sets, competence and confidence. In RM they leave you alone and anyone that does have a good skill base is used remorselessly so that in the end they get fed up and leave, or become more like the people the managers are avoiding.
Royal Mails approach not only doesn't improve the skill set of its workers, it actually puts a downward pressure on people willing to improve themselves. Therefore RM will, until they change always default to the lowest common denominator instead of, and I hate to use the term, getting their continuous improvement.
Its no secret Royal Mail, improve how you train managers, improve how you select them, and improve how you "discipline" them and Royal Mail will become a better, happier and more efficient place to work.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Selective bullying
It took me a while to realise that the only reason I got asked to do anything was that you could draw a straight line from the manager's office through my frame to the coffee and snack machines. It gave him business justification for the long and arduous trek for fresh supplies.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Selective bullying

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.