Hi,
Can someone please confirm how long 'meal relief' is if I work 5 hours per day (9:30 to 14:30) on a part time contract?
My union rep says I can take 20mins break, however this differs from the 'Way Forward Agreement' (1999.)
Taken from the 'Way Forward Agreement' (1999.)
'Way Forward Agreement' downloaded from here;
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... php?id=269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mirror https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJxH2S ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is correct?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
A 5 hour day attracts a 30 minute meal relief.
As you have correctly posted it is there in black and white (and yellow) in TWF.
Your rep needs re-educating.
From a business point of view I don't understand it.
Far better to put you on a 4hr 59 day.
Pay you less and get more work........
As you have correctly posted it is there in black and white (and yellow) in TWF.
Your rep needs re-educating.
From a business point of view I don't understand it.
Far better to put you on a 4hr 59 day.
Pay you less and get more work........
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
This would be an astonishing correction, are you absolutely certain? I understand that it is written in black and white, whereas I added the yellow, but the document is 18~19 years old?
The union rep has told this to every spare in our office, and I have been working here for nearly 2 years. 10 mins per day for every spare for the past 2 years is something like;
240 days (year) * 10 mins = 40 hours per year = £450~ out of pocket per year for every spare
40hrs * 10 spares = 400 hours per year
400 hours = £4500~ out of pocket per year
The union rep has told this to every spare in our office, and I have been working here for nearly 2 years. 10 mins per day for every spare for the past 2 years is something like;
240 days (year) * 10 mins = 40 hours per year = £450~ out of pocket per year for every spare
40hrs * 10 spares = 400 hours per year
400 hours = £4500~ out of pocket per year
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
It is correct for 5 hours it is 30 min meal relief.
But don't get carried away with getting any money back.
But don't get carried away with getting any money back.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
As far as meal relief is concerned, the information in TWF still holds the field and has never been superseded.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
Along with not giving WTLL which is built into your duty time that's how they save money on their budgets to get their rumoured performance bonuses......EdRush wrote:This would be an astonishing correction, are you absolutely certain? I understand that it is written in black and white, whereas I added the yellow, but the document is 18~19 years old?
The union rep has told this to every spare in our office, and I have been working here for nearly 2 years. 10 mins per day for every spare for the past 2 years is something like;
240 days (year) * 10 mins = 40 hours per year = £450~ out of pocket per year for every spare
40hrs * 10 spares = 400 hours per year
400 hours = £4500~ out of pocket per year
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
Thanks for confirming, I'll approach my union rep with this
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Meal Relief as a Part time (spare)
There are bonuses paid. 10% for doms and linos and 18% for area managers and above except parcel force links get 15% bonus. So it's not a roumer. That's why there on your backs to take out extra and treat your like shut so they can book the cruise for ext years holiday from your sweat and tears. I don't get why yous take it. I would be on the cobbles. They would soon sort it out after a few weeks. Sad.