ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Post by El-Bandito »

I was about to reply to a post regarding d2ds.
'Obviously it depends which office you deliver from. If your delivery office has single slot frames, d2ds should, according to guidelines, be introduced 1st. CWU won't/don't care as they deem this a 'local' issue. If you have double slot RM2000 frames, again the CWU won't/ don't care as,again this is a local issue. When a line manager tells you that he will be prep testing you as you are a lazy f#ck and underperforming, again the CWU won't/don't care as this is a local issue. Contact your local rep and/or the harassment helpline. National agreements ARE brilliant and so wonderful. This is why CWU members vote to accept them when the,12-(insert number here) month negotiations are done.
Then the CWU, fail to keep RM to their promises of ANY national agreements!! I will choose just one. 75% full-timers.' Blah blah blah...

I've become VERY cynical of OUR union. I know that I shouldn't. I just feel that the CWU are as totally out of touch with their members as Royal Mail are with their mail dying away lies!
Is this the feeling nationwide? Or do D.O. workers have to buck up or find another job as we're too f***ing lazy?
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Post by seaside »

Totally agree with you, think CWU from area rep upwards, have very little understanding how the job has changed. If I was an area rep or above my first thought would be, 1 sugar in my coffee and I don't have to do a 4-5 hour walk with a manager asking why it took you so long. I could even have another coffee and not worry about being miles from a toilet out on a walk. :cuppa
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Post by tommyrep »

The CWU have no interest in such trivialities! They have more important issues to deal with than focus on members problems. They really don’t care and assume problems should be fixed locally, they are burying their heads in the sand.
These local agreements only work in favour of DO managers and allows them to intimidate members, again the CWU are not interested in such trivialities !
It seems the leadership are so far out of touch, they could be forgiven as they could be representing flower arrangers rather than every day posties. I cannot accept such total disregard and intransigence by our Union.
Put simply they do not know the impact or the faintest idea on the double slot frames and d2d prepping of mail.
Put simply they do not care about the intimidation issued to members generally.
Toothless guard dogs !
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Post by seaside »

Sometimes I think we would be better off paying our union money locally, ie a local rep that knows the rules or a law firm.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Post by Celgar »

The main selling point for joining the union is as an 'insurance policy' in case you get accused of doing something you haven't done. I don't think many Postie's expect much more than that from joining up.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
postslippete
Posts: 4197
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Post by postslippete »

This new agreement also gives more scope for RM and the Union to get together over local issues. We are going to need more grievance papers!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Is this the feeling in ALL delivery offices?

Post by Brandy »

postslippete wrote:This new agreement also gives more scope for RM and the Union to get together over local issues. We are going to need more grievance papers!!
Just watch you dont trip up over the carpets,as they will be brushing even more complaints under the carpet!! :shhhhh