ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM re-hire?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ellzbellz
Posts: 10
Joined: 06 Jan 2016, 21:47
Gender: Female

RM re-hire?

Post by ellzbellz »

I left RM in Jan '16, in possibly the most stupid way. Everything got a bit too much in and outside of the job and after one bag, I left the keys in the van, messaged my round partner and DOM and went home.(Not an excuse but at the time the round partner was giving me unwanted advances,mental health issues, trouble at home and it was National Trust day so the bags i was given were overloaded. (round partner packed them)). DOM knew the issues I was having so not a complete shock. Anyway, long story short, I regret the decision and would like to go back. But the email/P45 said "abandonment of service" which is true. I was wondering if there was a period of not eligibility for re-hire as jobs I applied for since stated that I wasn't eligible for re-hire. The DO employees have all asked if I'm coming back. Didn't know if it was worth ringing up the new DOM and begging? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

RM re-hire?

Post by daveyeff »

isn't abandonment of duty a dismissal? if this is the case and you were dismissed then I can't see any way back.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

RM re-hire?

Post by rubberbond »

Begging to the DOM isn’t going to help it’s not a local decision, your national Insurance number will be the block if you re-apply. Try ringing Sheffield see what they say about matters. I don’t understand why you’d want to comeback anyway,it’s only going to get worse.