ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Childcare

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Childcare

Post by jd9442 »

It id rather look after my child instead of pay £60 a day nursery costs, what options do Royal Mail offer? Are they able to accommodate to weekends only?
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Childcare

Post by Justanotherstar »

They do Saturday only contracts...
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Childcare

Post by clashcityrocker »

There was recently a 16 hour contract (Sat/Sun) for the callers office in Brighton.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Childcare

Post by jd9442 »

Can I get a set day off every week?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Childcare

Post by number one »

jd9442 wrote:Can I get a set day off every week?
Yes
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Childcare

Post by rambo1 »

number one wrote:
jd9442 wrote:Can I get a set day off every week?
Yes
........ Sunday.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Childcare

Post by Seymour Buts »

jd9442 wrote:Can I get a set day off every week?
Depending on operational needs I think. A few in our office have one; I suspect it's a 'friendly' agreement though rather than anything official.