Should they always be put in the frame?
Or if it’s one leaflet are we able to put them in the bag and just take one out the bag for each door
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door to doors
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Door to doors
There's no hard and fast rule, horses for courses. I know one postie who puts them in his bag as an extra bundle even if there's more than onejd9442 wrote:Should they always be put in the frame?
Or if it’s one leaflet are we able to put them in the bag and just take one out the bag for each door
and puts a small number under the bundle of mail he's carrying and takes one out each address (tried it myself once - once was enough!).
With this method is that you have to delivery to every address you walk past otherwise how will you know the next day where you've delivered to?
Others always put them in the frame and deliver to all addresses that have one, others put them in the frame and just deliver where they're going.
Some managers say if they're in the frame they've got to be delivered on the day. Most offices I've worked it's as long as they're all done by the end of the week.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Door to doors
People do it, saves time prepping them into a fitting I guess; not quite sure how it'd work when we have 4 or 5 though. I couldn't work that way, my hands are full enough with mail, packets, pda ect ect without having a stack of d2d's to worry about as well.
As a reserve I do mine one of two ways:
If I'm floating on different duties all week I'll prep a 6th and take them all. Whatever happens then I've done what I'm supposed to, so if somebody else is on it the day after that doesn't bother doing them it's not my problem as I've done my % for the week.
If I'm on a duty for the week I'll not do any Monday then with the time saved I'll chuck them all in after duty. By Friday there's only a handful left and I'll write the numbers on to mop them up leaving a clear frame for Saturday.
As a reserve I do mine one of two ways:
If I'm floating on different duties all week I'll prep a 6th and take them all. Whatever happens then I've done what I'm supposed to, so if somebody else is on it the day after that doesn't bother doing them it's not my problem as I've done my % for the week.
If I'm on a duty for the week I'll not do any Monday then with the time saved I'll chuck them all in after duty. By Friday there's only a handful left and I'll write the numbers on to mop them up leaving a clear frame for Saturday.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Door to doors
Often just hold a few at the back of the bundle when there's just one. More than one and I find it much better to prep them in the frame first!
Pretty much down to personal choice. Management don't care as long as they have gone.... even then, until recently that didn't seem to matter either. Particularly if a round went out on o/t or a reserve was on it. Then it was kind of expected that they would just sit under the frame all week until the duty holder came back and shoved them on the returns trolley!
Pretty much down to personal choice. Management don't care as long as they have gone.... even then, until recently that didn't seem to matter either. Particularly if a round went out on o/t or a reserve was on it. Then it was kind of expected that they would just sit under the frame all week until the duty holder came back and shoved them on the returns trolley!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?