For those who don't look at the RM pension here are the latest comments from those involved:
DWP (Department of Work & Pensions):
"....difficult to legislate......"
".....parliament short of time to deal with the matter...."
".....hardly any demand from pension funds for CDC...."
"......there are no less than 11 separate definitions of CDC....."
Royal Mail:
"......would not switch it's pension arrangements to CDC without proper legal backing......"
Independent consultant John Ralfe:
Claimed that "CDC seemed suspiciously like a Ponzi scheme".
So its not looking good so far.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
Unfortunately that's no surprise at all. The government had basically said no when it was first proposed. Why on earth would they have changed their minds just because the CWU and RM had come to an agreement?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
And yet nearly half of all members voted to accept it.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
We need Corbyn in to actually get large portions of this dodgy deal agreed, most of it is still to be discussed and the company will never move on anything that is open to debate whilst the Tories are still in power! What a mess.
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
I don't understand what they mean when they say the CDC pension will "sit alongside" the new cash builder one we have just joined. Will we make two payments into two different pensions?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
Yes and no.tansorboy wrote:I don't understand what they mean when they say the CDC pension will "sit alongside" the new cash builder one we have just joined. Will we make two payments into two different pensions?
Part of the overall 19.6% contribution (roughly 3.5%) will go towards funding a separate cash balance scheme.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
So where are my contributions going now?
I had a letter from Zurich the other day informing me that
"no further payments are being made in to your retirement account"
In itself, that's fine and the value of that account will continue to be invested and hopefully grow.
However I have no idea where my contributions are going now. For the sake of simplicity I would like to consolidate my retirement accounts but I can't do that when I have no idea of the account details
I had a letter from Zurich the other day informing me that
"no further payments are being made in to your retirement account"
In itself, that's fine and the value of that account will continue to be invested and hopefully grow.
However I have no idea where my contributions are going now. For the sake of simplicity I would like to consolidate my retirement accounts but I can't do that when I have no idea of the account details
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6696
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Progress on CDC pension scheme.
Presumably you opted for the DBCBS, so your money is going into a big pot along with everyone bodies contributions into that scheme.crazyshrew wrote:So where are my contributions going now?
I had a letter from Zurich the other day informing me that
"no further payments are being made in to your retirement account"
In itself, that's fine and the value of that account will continue to be invested and hopefully grow.
However I have no idea where my contributions are going now. For the sake of simplicity I would like to consolidate my retirement accounts but I can't do that when I have no idea of the account details
You can't transfer your RMDCP into the DBCBS.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here