ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Returning to Royal Mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PostmanJay
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 19:02
Gender: Male

Returning to Royal Mail

Post by PostmanJay »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever left Royal Mail and then returned.

I decided to leave Royal Mail last February after 6 years. Unfortunately I am not enjoying the job I am currently doing and actually miss plodding the streets in the rain!

I have applied for a couple of jobs but have not even made it past the application stage. Maybe a bit cocky of me, but I thought I would at least get invited for an interview having worked there before.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever left and then returned and how easy/difficult it was to get back in.

Thanks for your help.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Returning to Royal Mail

Post by nickbsmooth »

I left in 2008 for 4months, I left for a better paid job, but i learned the grass wasn't greener, so I called up my old delivery office and was told I could start 2weeks later.I was even issued with my previous payroll number.
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Returning to Royal Mail

Post by DrSatan »

nickbsmooth wrote:I left in 2008 for 4months, I left for a better paid job, but i learned the grass wasn't greener, so I called up my old delivery office and was told I could start 2weeks later.I was even issued with my previous payroll number.
A lot changes in 10 years though.