ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
To much work
-
Matt123
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 20:12
- Gender: Male
To much work
Hi I'm a part time reserve of 8 months
Is there a limit to the amount of work you are expected to do on a walk.?
The office I work in is very busy and the boss is always pushing you to do more ..
My trolley is always filled to the brim and I have to always have bag drops
The walk I'm on clocks in at 10 plus miles and has 12 blocks of flats
I'm struggling and never finish on time
If I do work to my time there is just more for me the next day
There are 1 or 2 good walks but they have been sign for by senior staff
The lads that have been there for years fly through but they know there walks and also take a few short cuts which could get you in trouble but I do the job correctly
I don't door step and do all my door to doors Tec to the rules
What will happen if I work to my time everyday and only complete on quite days ?
Is there a limit to the amount of work you are expected to do on a walk.?
The office I work in is very busy and the boss is always pushing you to do more ..
My trolley is always filled to the brim and I have to always have bag drops
The walk I'm on clocks in at 10 plus miles and has 12 blocks of flats
I'm struggling and never finish on time
If I do work to my time there is just more for me the next day
There are 1 or 2 good walks but they have been sign for by senior staff
The lads that have been there for years fly through but they know there walks and also take a few short cuts which could get you in trouble but I do the job correctly
I don't door step and do all my door to doors Tec to the rules
What will happen if I work to my time everyday and only complete on quite days ?
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
To much work
The boss will be very sad and you will become much less stressed.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
To much work
Exactly as the poster above says.
You do your job correctly as you say. Then finish on time. It does not matter if your boss makes you re sort the previous days delivery in to your frame. Just keep working to your time. That's what you get paid to do.
You do your job correctly as you say. Then finish on time. It does not matter if your boss makes you re sort the previous days delivery in to your frame. Just keep working to your time. That's what you get paid to do.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
To much work
Nothing will happen to you if you work correctly and to your time. As long as you follow the cutting off procedure then they can’t touch you for it.
-
Matt123
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 20:12
- Gender: Male
To much work
I'll just cut off from now and do my time
ill probley have to put up with the sarcastic remarks from the boss
so as long as I do the job correct I should be fine
Cheers guys
ill probley have to put up with the sarcastic remarks from the boss
so as long as I do the job correct I should be fine
Cheers guys
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
To much work
Matt, make sure you are adhering to the Overrunning Deliveries Procedure. There are many threads on it on this Forum. As long as you FULLY comply with this procedure you will have no problems as far as being conduct coded for Wilful delay of the mail. You will however get grief from the Line Manager or DOM. You will be told that others can do the walk within time and why can,t you. You will be told you are slow. They play many mind games. Ignore them all, stick to the procedure and remind them that it is their responsibility to ensure that any mail they ask you to leave behind is delivered, and also if they insist you take all the mail out, it is their responsibility to contact you sometime during your delivery to see how you are getting on to see whether there will be mail that you are unable to deliver. It is their responsibility also to see that this mail is delivered.
If you attend work the following day and there is mail left over from the previous day, then as long as you have time to sort and deliver this mail together with that days mail then you should do this. However if it is going to delay you again then it is in your interest to advise the manager as soon as possible in order for him to make a decision on how to deal with the overrunning delivery for that day.
Stick to the procedure, stick to your principles, and do not let them provoke you in to doing overtime if that is not what you want.
If you attend work the following day and there is mail left over from the previous day, then as long as you have time to sort and deliver this mail together with that days mail then you should do this. However if it is going to delay you again then it is in your interest to advise the manager as soon as possible in order for him to make a decision on how to deal with the overrunning delivery for that day.
Stick to the procedure, stick to your principles, and do not let them provoke you in to doing overtime if that is not what you want.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
To much work
There's a little girl out there who won't get her birthday present from Grandma because of your selfishness.Lincox wrote: They play many mind games.
I hope you're happy.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
To much work
What has that got to do with someone working to their time. If you would like to go out and deliver that little girls present in your own time then no doubt she will be very happy and no doubt your manager will take your picture and write about you in The Courier as an example of all that is good in Royal Mail.britwrit wrote:There's a little girl out there who won't get her birthday present from Grandma because of your selfishness.Lincox wrote: They play many mind games.
I hope you're happy.
-
lostinthepost
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 16:05
- Gender: Male
To much work
I think he/she is giving an example of the mind games you pointed out.Lincox wrote:What has that got to do with someone working to their time. If you would like to go out and deliver that little girls present in your own time then no doubt she will be very happy and no doubt your manager will take your picture and write about you in The Courier as an example of all that is good in Royal Mail.britwrit wrote:There's a little girl out there who won't get her birthday present from Grandma because of your selfishness.Lincox wrote: They play many mind games.
I hope you're happy.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
To much work
Sorry to pop your bubblelostinthepost wrote:I think he/she is giving an example of the mind games you pointed out.Lincox wrote:What has that got to do with someone working to their time. If you would like to go out and deliver that little girls present in your own time then no doubt she will be very happy and no doubt your manager will take your picture and write about you in The Courier as an example of all that is good in Royal Mail.britwrit wrote:There's a little girl out there who won't get her birthday present from Grandma because of your selfishness.Lincox wrote: They play many mind games.
I hope you're happy.
Most of what we delivery is corporate, circulars, bump, magazines, very few social mail.
The little girl will probably be getting hers delivered by a parcel driver or a private courier on below minimum wage.
Last edited by NWpostie on 14 Apr 2018, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
To much work
Lincox wrote:What has that got to do with someone working to their time. If you would like to go out and deliver that little girls present in your own time then no doubt she will be very happy and no doubt your manager will take your picture and write about you in The Courier as an example of all that is good in Royal Mail.britwrit wrote:There's a little girl out there who won't get her birthday present from Grandma because of your selfishness.Lincox wrote: They play many mind games.
I hope you're happy.
Ahem, but a management staged picture in the courier is what we all should be aspiring to of course...
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
To much work
Love thisdanterossetti wrote:The boss will be very sad and you will become much less stressed.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
To much work
Taking the piss comes to mindLincox wrote:What has that got to do with someone working to their time. If you would like to go out and deliver that little girls present in your own time then no doubt she will be very happy and no doubt your manager will take your picture and write about you in The Courier as an example of all that is good in Royal Mail.britwrit wrote:There's a little girl out there who won't get her birthday present from Grandma because of your selfishness.Lincox wrote: They play many mind games.
I hope you're happy.
-
mucker161
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 04 May 2010, 17:02
- Gender: Male
To much work
Currently in the same position, 35hr week 7 hour a day, minimum of 13km walked per day. Duty is way overloaded manager and other deputy managers have acknowledged this but nothing has been done to change it. It is a shared van duty and I only want to work to my time ie 3pm as I have other commitments outside of royal mail. Other guy I work with would work a minutes silence so it makes me look like the c@nt when I say the duty is not getting finished. So much stress put on myself and family due to royal mail and management not acting on a matter tgey obviously know about.