ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Career break/collection advice

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kmack10
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 16:29
Gender: Female

Career break/collection advice

Post by kmack10 »

Hi just wondered/advice. I cover a schedule collection for a full timer. This collection is not part of his duty its a extra shift each day.. I have covered his days off and holidays. He has taken a career break for 6month and is due back. With his seniority can he go straight back on this collection or does it forfeit. Any advice would be good.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Career break/collection advice

Post by number one »

kmack10 wrote:Hi just wondered/advice. I cover a schedule collection for a full timer. This collection is not part of his duty its a extra shift each day.. I have covered his days off and holidays. He has taken a career break for 6month and is due back. With his seniority can he go straight back on this collection or does it forfeit. Any advice would be good.
If it overtime it’s not “his”. Overtime should be distributed evenly to people who wish to do it.
kmack10
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 16:29
Gender: Female

Career break/collection advice

Post by kmack10 »

Thanks for reply. It's a signed scheduled collection duty outwith his full time hours.