ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is it me?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Is it me?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Just wondered if anybody else has had the misfortune of getting a reserve van whilst yours is being repaired,I got a spare van from another office,it should have come with a government health warning in it,knee deep in fag packets,coffee cups, about 30 bottles of drink banana skins apple cores,all stuffed under both seats disgusting to say the least! I emptied the rubbish and put comment in log book and informed my boss,wanted him to ping an email to the boss of the office concerned as to the state of the van,who checks it? Who gives a s..t!? But as expected he did nothing,we had vans sent to workshop that they wouldn’t touch because they were in a mess,maybe it’s just me.mmmmm
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Is it me?

Post by Judgee »

Many people treat the vans like mobile skips. Personally I think it's disgusting, you should treat them like you would your own vehicle as we all have to share them. But some people are no better than animals! :Sick
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Is it me?

Post by twoloops »

That's sounds clean, I had a van with two coke bottles full of piss rolling around in the floor well, you could refuse to take it out?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Is it me?

Post by number one »

Not just you, I have refused to take a van out before today because of the state of it. My manager cleaned it.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Is it me?

Post by k979aaa »

number one wrote:Not just you, I have refused to take a van out before today because of the state of it. My manager cleaned it.
That's a first. doing work!