I work in one delivery office based in a large MPU along with other offices.
I applied for an advertised position in one of the other offices and was successful for it.
Now the manager of my office and the manager of the other office are at loggerheads over when I can go.
Is there a time limit that my office must release me?
(I am going to see the MPU manager next week when back off leave but wondered if anyone could assist before that)
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Successful job application.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Successful job application.
You shouldn’t need to be released for it as it’s a new job.
I’d just send him a letter saying Thus is my notice I’ll be going in 7 days but I’m not saying that’s the correct thing to do.
I’d just send him a letter saying Thus is my notice I’ll be going in 7 days but I’m not saying that’s the correct thing to do.
-
crazzzeey
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 30 Nov 2017, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Successful job application.
depends if it is a transfer within royal mail if it is then they have to release you within 28 days if they dont then you can put in grievance
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Successful job application.
Thank you. Yes it’s within Royal Mail. Hopefully sorted when the MPU manager is back on Monday but I’ll use that knowledge if it’s not simple!crazzzeey wrote:depends if it is a transfer within royal mail if it is then they have to release you within 28 days if they dont then you can put in grievance