ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

S H I N G L E

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thehappyones
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 305
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 11:42
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by thehappyones »

Posted this a few weeks back on a different thread but to no avail...so gonna ask again!!
S H I N G L E...if that is even correct the way I have abbreviated it, is from what I have been told is the project {for want of a better word} that is going to be used [in relation to the new agreement] to tackle the "culture" that exists within the business eg..B/H etc.

So anybody know anything???
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

S H I N G L E

Post by General Mannerheim »

Nope.
But it sounds painful.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by Celgar »

Only shingle I know of is the small stones on driveways.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by fishtank »

Shingles is a reactivation of a dormant pox caused by a strain of the Herpes virus.
I can't think of anything more apt.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by rubberbond »

fishtank wrote:Shingles is a reactivation of a dormant pox caused by a strain of the Herpes virus.
I can't think of anything more apt.
Quite. As it's an infection of the nerve endings ,it gets on your nerves literally. Treated with antidepressants I believe ,just as apt.
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by awesomepenguin »

Another silly, pointless acronym devised by Royal Mail which will achieve nothing other than insulting the intelligence of the workforce.
exetererica
Posts: 152
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by exetererica »

.
Last edited by exetererica on 20 Apr 2020, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
M1keb
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by M1keb »

Do some stretching before and after .... u walk 10 mile+ a day look after yourself
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

S H I N G L E

Post by Brandy »

What could be more simpler than NO MORE BULLYING AND HARRASMENT!!!!!
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by Lincox »

STOPPING
HARASSMENT
IS
NO
GOOD
LESS
EFFECTIVE
dodger71
Posts: 39
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 17:36
Gender: Female
Location: right here right now

S H I N G L E

Post by dodger71 »

shingle lapsing?? perhaps
I FEEL LIKE A BITCH FOR AC AND AL
minimaddad
Posts: 3
Joined: 16 Aug 2017, 14:54
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by minimaddad »

I believe it is anagram to cover all the hidden benefits of being a postie !!!:

Sciatica
Hamstring Injury
Influenza
Neck Pain
Gout
Lower Back Pain
Extreme Cold Exposure
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

S H I N G L E

Post by BELIAL »

s**t
headed
ingrates
never
get
life
easy
Bye
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

S H I N G L E

Post by k979aaa »

And just like pebbles on the beech will be washed away everyday!
thehappyones
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 305
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 11:42
Gender: Male

S H I N G L E

Post by thehappyones »

Ok..finally...Shingo Guiding Principles


Respect Every Individual
Lead with Humility
Seek Perfection
Embrace Scientific Thinking
Focus on Process
Assure Quality at the Source
Flow & Pull Value
Think Systemically
Create Constancy of Purpose
Create Value for the Customer
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.