I recieved a new pair of Magnum shoes just after the newyear, and 4 or 5 weeks ago the inside padding on the heel of both shoes started to wear away and has now ripped away form the shoe. I asked my DOM if he would order me new shoes, explaining the sittuation with both shoes. Thats now been 4 weeks since he tried to order me new shoes and thats now the 4th time the order has been cancelled due to me not having the shoes for a long period of time. Ive explained the shoes are now starting to rub my heels to the point its starting to get sore after a few hours walking. Where do i stand with this. Ive asked if i can purchase my own footwear and claim back the money, but no one will give me an answer. Can i refuse to go out on delivery due to not having footwear that fit for use.
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Magnum Shoes
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Magnum Shoes
The DOM should be able order a new pair if they see there is damage to the shoes.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Magnum Shoes
I always used magnum shoes. But the last pair I had did the same. Inside at the heel wearing away and causing me blisters. I had to use gaffer tape to cover the worn out section. Poor quality shoes.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Magnum Shoes
Don't waste your time with your DOM order them yourself, it comes up over allocation add them to you basket it will ask for your DOM name & reason you need new kit (lay it on) you will have them within 4 days (I'm on my 8 pair of shoes & boots this year) the CAT boots are very good & Dr.Martin shoes good for summer & gardening.
https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... l%2Fevo%2F
https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... l%2Fevo%2F
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Magnum Shoes
Sadly, going off sick can work if you are struggling with damaged footwear and your feet are getting worse. Take pictures. Make a note of when you asked for replacement footwear. They soon sort you out then.