ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Chinese signed for...
-
postmail3
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:33
- Gender: Female
Chinese signed for...
My manager left me a scanned copy of a p739 on my rack on Saturday which stated he "couldn't find it in the office" ... It was for a delivery done on Thursday and for the life of me I cannot remember what it looked like. He said he'd looked everywhere but 'not to worry we'll look Monday' I didn't record it in the book as it was a signed for delivery and was told they didn't go in the book.... I'm only 6 weeks in and fretting a little. What comes next?
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
It must have been booked in so its nothing to do with you if they can not find it.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
Probably stuck down the side (or bottom) of the York it was deposited in after the end of your delivery ? ? ? Will likely find it's way back to your office in a week or so.
If York sleeves aren't checked properly small Chinese parcels get lost in amongst all the labels and crud that collect in the bottom of the sleeves. Good housekeeping and a thorough check of all sleeves is the answer !
PS What is " the book" ?
If York sleeves aren't checked properly small Chinese parcels get lost in amongst all the labels and crud that collect in the bottom of the sleeves. Good housekeeping and a thorough check of all sleeves is the answer !
PS What is " the book" ?
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
Had loads of these that say untracked and when you scan them it asks for a signature.When we return our items ordinary parcels go in a different York to signed fors,maybe this has happened?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
Was it one of those tiny ones? If so it's likely in a bag or a gray sack. If it's in a bag it should turn up; if it's in a sack it's probably gone for good I'm afraid. A tip: anything small like recoded letters or those little international ones put in a tray, not a grey sack. They don't get lost then.
Don't worry though, this happens quite often at our office. We've had specials disapeer in the bottom of sacks before now. Just don't make a habit of it.
Don't worry though, this happens quite often at our office. We've had specials disapeer in the bottom of sacks before now. Just don't make a habit of it.
-
postmail3
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:33
- Gender: Female
Chinese signed for...
'the book' is where we record parcels that come back which aren't signed for/specials.
Ive pretty much lucked out as parcels from the same day that I brought back are accounted for but not this one!
They've told me not to worry, so I guess I'm not!! :')
Ive pretty much lucked out as parcels from the same day that I brought back are accounted for but not this one!
They've told me not to worry, so I guess I'm not!! :')
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Chinese signed for...
If they have asked you what it looks like it may be that they have misfiled it.
I still put a brief description of all my form lefts as a "Just in Case" despite it no longer being needed anymore.
I still put a brief description of all my form lefts as a "Just in Case" despite it no longer being needed anymore.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Chinese signed for...
If it says "Untracked" why are you scanning them?Wednesday wrote:Had loads of these that say untracked and when you scan them it asks for a signature.When we return our items ordinary parcels go in a different York to signed fors,maybe this has happened?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
You're meant to scan them, apparently. I never do though and nothing has ever been said.mattycash wrote:If it says "Untracked" why are you scanning them?Wednesday wrote:Had loads of these that say untracked and when you scan them it asks for a signature.When we return our items ordinary parcels go in a different York to signed fors,maybe this has happened?
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Chinese signed for...
Half the time these packets from China contain cheap tat worth a few pence.
I've had sign for Chinese packets that I'm supposed to treat like a special or be it delivered anytime that day. When I can't scan it for some reason I've been told to just post it. You can get stuff delivered including the item itself for little more than £1 from China. We must be making literally a penny or two on each one.
I've had sign for Chinese packets that I'm supposed to treat like a special or be it delivered anytime that day. When I can't scan it for some reason I've been told to just post it. You can get stuff delivered including the item itself for little more than £1 from China. We must be making literally a penny or two on each one.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
I was told to scan them too, back when I started. Must admit, my heart sinks when I see the little black dot on my PDA and have to knock the door.postietom wrote:You're meant to scan them, apparently. I never do though and nothing has ever been said.mattycash wrote:If it says "Untracked" why are you scanning them?Wednesday wrote:Had loads of these that say untracked and when you scan them it asks for a signature.When we return our items ordinary parcels go in a different York to signed fors,maybe this has happened?
Would be great to hear that the majority of you don't bother so I can also stop. Although I think I've been conditioned to point my PDA at anything with a barcode.
Good job I don't work in Newcastle, that'd really be murder on my PDA OCD
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Chinese signed for...
I've asked a few others about what if the so called untracked chinese items needs a signature, they've all said they delete it and post it. It's a bit different if the locker gives it out as then we have to waste everyone's time getting a signaturecrimson king wrote:I was told to scan them too, back when I started. Must admit, my heart sinks when I see the little black dot on my PDA and have to knock the door.postietom wrote:You're meant to scan them, apparently. I never do though and nothing has ever been said.mattycash wrote:If it says "Untracked" why are you scanning them?Wednesday wrote:Had loads of these that say untracked and when you scan them it asks for a signature.When we return our items ordinary parcels go in a different York to signed fors,maybe this has happened?
Would be great to hear that the majority of you don't bother so I can also stop. Although I think I've been conditioned to point my PDA at anything with a barcode.
Good job I don't work in Newcastle, that'd really be murder on my PDA OCD
-
Cwtchy bear
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Dec 2017, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
I don't bother scanning any foreigns in normal mail as some of them do come up needing a signature and i don't always get a signature for foreign specials if they go thru letterboxcrimson king wrote:I was told to scan them too, back when I started. Must admit, my heart sinks when I see the little black dot on my PDA and have to knock the door.postietom wrote:You're meant to scan them, apparently. I never do though and nothing has ever been said.mattycash wrote:If it says "Untracked" why are you scanning them?Wednesday wrote:Had loads of these that say untracked and when you scan them it asks for a signature.When we return our items ordinary parcels go in a different York to signed fors,maybe this has happened?
Would be great to hear that the majority of you don't bother so I can also stop. Although I think I've been conditioned to point my PDA at anything with a barcode.
Good job I don't work in Newcastle, that'd really be murder on my PDA OCD
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
That's what everyone is conditioned to do; you can imagine the confusion if dom started saying well scan this barcode but not this one ect ect. There are people in my office that still believe this foreign 'specials' have to be there by 1pm and spend ages trying to scan the 2d's on UK Mail packets. Easier just to say scan everything.crimson king wrote:I was told to scan them too, back when I started. Must admit, my heart sinks when I see the little black dot on my PDA and have to knock the door.postietom wrote:You're meant to scan them, apparently. I never do though and nothing has ever been said.mattycash wrote:If it says "Untracked" why are you scanning them?Wednesday wrote:Had loads of these that say untracked and when you scan them it asks for a signature.When we return our items ordinary parcels go in a different York to signed fors,maybe this has happened?
Would be great to hear that the majority of you don't bother so I can also stop. Although I think I've been conditioned to point my PDA at anything with a barcode.
Good job I don't work in Newcastle, that'd really be murder on my PDA OCD