ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Work place coach
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Finally advertising for work place coach in our office,we’ve never had one so I guess we don’t need one,but more concerned that someone should do it and have the money not sure how much,thoughts please,is it worth doing,do you have time to do it what’s involved heard lots of stories,
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
The one in my office gets a extra wage for little in not no extra work.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Work place coach
It is nearly £40/week.
The tasks expected of a WPC seem to vary from office to office.
Training/retraining - at one point ours approached you with failures/complaints but that died a death.
There have long been rumours that the WPC was going to become a supervisor role when the like managers all disappeared .......but we are still waiting.
The tasks expected of a WPC seem to vary from office to office.
Training/retraining - at one point ours approached you with failures/complaints but that died a death.
There have long been rumours that the WPC was going to become a supervisor role when the like managers all disappeared .......but we are still waiting.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Work place coach
We had two . This is how you use a LWT finito. Oh and one trained newbies ; trouble being he had no idea of SSOW ;mail security;meal reliefs,etc.etc.
£60 a week for shafting new starters ,unpaid OT ;commit to deliver; take ownership of your unachievable workload ;it's the way forward; this is the way the business is going.
£60 a week for shafting new starters ,unpaid OT ;commit to deliver; take ownership of your unachievable workload ;it's the way forward; this is the way the business is going.
Bye
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Money for nothing as long as you love your dom, bosses lap dog
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Thanks for the input,Inthink I’ll give it a miss myself,I have enough to do just to complete my round without extra stress to tip me over the edge,I’d have to be straight with people in my office and that won’t go down well,
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
WPC £38 in wage per week for doing absolutely nothing but must be the DOM’s favourite 
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Go for it i would you go on a few courses and train new posties it means you will be taken off your walk a fair bit and you may have to coach posties on mistakes but its a lot of money over the course of your working life.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
I think we have 6 in our office. None of them do anything.
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Came to me once with a customer complaint told him in no uncertain terms to go away I'm not having some back side licking bosses lacy tellimg me how to do my job, they get away with murder, whoever thought of that job wants shooting.

-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
That was very rude its his job as a coach to inform you of any complaints, you are lucky he did not take it further.grandypants wrote:Came to me once with a customer complaint told him in no uncertain terms to go away I'm not having some back side licking bosses lacy tellimg me how to do my job, they get away with murder, whoever thought of that job wants shooting.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Work place coach
Better to be told by a coach than being conducted by a manager but if you prefer that you are going a good way to ensure it'll happen.grandypants wrote:Came to me once with a customer complaint told him in no uncertain terms to go away I'm not having some back side licking bosses lacy tellimg me how to do my job, they get away with murder, whoever thought of that job wants shooting.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Wanting people shot because you disagree with their actions also seems to be an overreaction. But then if you think your perfect and can't do any wrong I can see why you react that way.
BTW I have seen people get shot it's not pretty and it's not something I would wish on any colleague or manager.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
That will change. Believe me. Doms are being pressed by their bosses to account what the wpc does in their office. I would say to anyone who's interested, to go for it, give it a try. You're not signing up for life, you can quit it whenever you want to. Too many on here say the usual stuff but don't actually apply for it. It is extra work and extra stress and no, not in our office at least, the wpc is not the Dom's pet. We all speak up and are pretty outspoken. We look after the interests of our fellow workers, more so than any cwu rep we've ever had! Of course, the extra money is useful too. Get everything you can out of this company is my advice. Runners and those who are on easy walks have been getting more than £36 a week for sitting at home after finishing early.dougfunny892 wrote:I think we have 6 in our office. None of them do anything.
-
postmandick
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
I do it in my office and as there is two of us the work load is spread out .....
a bit of training the new guys and watching videos telling us about new products .... all very boring ....
but for £38 a week I can stomach it
yes you can call me all the names you like but I am the one getting £38 a week for doing bugger all
go for it
a bit of training the new guys and watching videos telling us about new products .... all very boring ....
but for £38 a week I can stomach it
yes you can call me all the names you like but I am the one getting £38 a week for doing bugger all
go for it