ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
-
Sarah1970
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 22 Sep 2017, 15:30
- Gender: Female
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
Does anyone know who isn't eligible for the pay rise and back pay?
I've worked for RM for 6 months and I'm in the dark to whether I'm eligible.
Thanks
I've worked for RM for 6 months and I'm in the dark to whether I'm eligible.
Thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
if you work for Royal Mail you are.
Its a typical legal statement to cover their backs if someone tries to take them to an ET when they aren't eligible.
Its a typical legal statement to cover their backs if someone tries to take them to an ET when they aren't eligible.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cavendish9027
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 18 Jun 2012, 18:30
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
If you were in RM employment from October 1st 2017 and left the business in the interim to payment date and left the company on good terms you would still receive the back pay payment.cavendish9027 wrote:What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?
There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
I asked this question at an area conference meeting and the reply I got from the top table that seated Pullinger was you had to be “in post” to receive the back pay.rehabron wrote:If you were in RM employment from October 1st 2017 and left the business in the interim to payment date and left the company on good terms you would still receive the back pay payment.cavendish9027 wrote:What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?
There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
Beggars a simple question ! Why !!!number one wrote:I asked this question at an area conference meeting and the reply I got from the top table that seated Pullinger was you had to be “in post” to receive the back pay.rehabron wrote:If you were in RM employment from October 1st 2017 and left the business in the interim to payment date and left the company on good terms you would still receive the back pay payment.cavendish9027 wrote:What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?
There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.
Why would Pullinger accept the denial of money owed to all be it EX members ? It’s not right.
Why ? They are surely entitled to the back dated rate, they DID work for it after all.
Our leadership are played like pawns, no better than useless and easily conned.
Like the poor deal will prove to be the start of more grief to the remaining members.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
I agree, I asked on behalf of a colleague who was considering handing in their notice. Once I told them this they have delayed it.tommyrep wrote:Beggars a simple question ! Why !!!number one wrote:I asked this question at an area conference meeting and the reply I got from the top table that seated Pullinger was you had to be “in post” to receive the back pay.rehabron wrote:If you were in RM employment from October 1st 2017 and left the business in the interim to payment date and left the company on good terms you would still receive the back pay payment.cavendish9027 wrote:What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?
There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.
Why would Pullinger accept the denial of money owed to all be it EX members ? It’s not right.
Why ? They are surely entitled to the back dated rate, they DID work for it after all.
Our leadership are played like pawns, no better than useless and easily conned.
Like the poor deal will prove to be the start of more grief to the remaining members.
I am only the messenger
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
It just goes to show what RM think of their past employees,however long their service was. 
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
I am sure the employment tribunals will order RM to back pay their former employees who left after 1st of October 207.tommyrep wrote:Beggars a simple question ! Why !!!number one wrote:I asked this question at an area conference meeting and the reply I got from the top table that seated Pullinger was you had to be “in post” to receive the back pay.rehabron wrote:If you were in RM employment from October 1st 2017 and left the business in the interim to payment date and left the company on good terms you would still receive the back pay payment.cavendish9027 wrote:What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?
There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.
Why would Pullinger accept the denial of money owed to all be it EX members ? It’s not right.
Why ? They are surely entitled to the back dated rate, they DID work for it after all.
Our leadership are played like pawns, no better than useless and easily conned.
Like the poor deal will prove to be the start of more grief to the remaining members.
After all, we will all get a weeks pay as backdated pay, more or less. Rm got it on the cheap.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
Crap. Even after you've, left, contact payroll and they will sort it out. It takes a few weeks as they will be dealing with staff still employed but you will get it. This union has gone right downhill when they can't even tell the troops the correct information. No wonder the membership is rapidly dropping
.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
I have put of retiring because of this issue. There should be a definitive answer from RM/CWU.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
But from my perspective, there is nothing in the agreement that states the opposite which is why I am taking no chance with any tribunerals - only 3 weeks to go thoughrehabron wrote: There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????
One of the most well used phrases in agreements and ET is " FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT" I think that aptly sums up the clarity of who is eligible for back dated pay.BeamishStout wrote:But from my perspective, there is nothing in the agreement that states the opposite which is why I am taking no chance with any tribunerals - only 3 weeks to go thoughrehabron wrote: There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.
If it is not made abundantly clear in the agreement that who is eligible and who is not which covers the period from the 2nd October 2017 to current and although no longer in RM employment but was in post from 2nd October 2017 then this is wages that are owing to you and delayed to circumstances you were not in control of.