ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Seniority
-
Tay14
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Oct 2017, 20:53
- Gender: Male
Seniority
Just wanted something cleared up. I joined RM back in 1987. In Oct 2003 I left for family reasons and moved from area. I rejoined RM at another office in July 2004. Then I transfered back to my original office and am still there. Does my previous 26 years count now for nothing due to being away from RM when applying to seniority lists ?
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Seniority
Your total service counts for holidays ,but your seniority starts from when you rejoined royal mailTay14 wrote:Just wanted something cleared up. I joined RM back in 1987. In Oct 2003 I left for family reasons and moved from area. I rejoined RM at another office in July 2004. Then I transfered back to my original office and am still there. Does my previous 26 years count now for nothing due to being away from RM when applying to seniority lists ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Seniority
Spot on. Breaks in service reset seniority.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Seniority
Except in some cases.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Spot on. Breaks in service reset seniority.
It would depend on what the family reasons were.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Seniority
Prof romance?mattycash wrote: Profromance
You clearly are in love with your teacher aren't you?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Seniority
Yes unfortunately a Break in Service does "RE-Set" your Seniority. I learnt that when my DOM was trying to parachute one of his Favourites into a Duty. He said, "But you've had a break in service when you transferred, so your Seniority starts again". I must admit I had a smile on my face when I replied, "Tough Shite Mate. Finished in my Old office Saturday..... started here Monday" 
Sorry if it screws you up.
Sorry if it screws you up.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)