ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Seniority

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Tay14
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Oct 2017, 20:53
Gender: Male

Seniority

Post by Tay14 »

Just wanted something cleared up. I joined RM back in 1987. In Oct 2003 I left for family reasons and moved from area. I rejoined RM at another office in July 2004. Then I transfered back to my original office and am still there. Does my previous 26 years count now for nothing due to being away from RM when applying to seniority lists ?
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Seniority

Post by P13 »

Tay14 wrote:Just wanted something cleared up. I joined RM back in 1987. In Oct 2003 I left for family reasons and moved from area. I rejoined RM at another office in July 2004. Then I transfered back to my original office and am still there. Does my previous 26 years count now for nothing due to being away from RM when applying to seniority lists ?
Your total service counts for holidays ,but your seniority starts from when you rejoined royal mail
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Seniority

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Spot on. Breaks in service reset seniority.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

Seniority

Post by walkthewalk »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Spot on. Breaks in service reset seniority.
Ouch :d'oh!
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Seniority

Post by joewyan »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Spot on. Breaks in service reset seniority.
Agreed. How unfair would it be if it counted!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Seniority

Post by clashcityrocker »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Spot on. Breaks in service reset seniority.
Except in some cases.
It would depend on what the family reasons were.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Seniority

Post by twoloops »

Don't worry about it, seniority thing of the past, Proformance Attendance & Managers Appraisal the future :wave
Last edited by twoloops on 05 Apr 2018, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Seniority

Post by clashcityrocker »

mattycash wrote: Profromance
Prof romance?
You clearly are in love with your teacher aren't you?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Tay14
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Oct 2017, 20:53
Gender: Male

Seniority

Post by Tay14 »

Thanks for that everyone
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Seniority

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Yes unfortunately a Break in Service does "RE-Set" your Seniority. I learnt that when my DOM was trying to parachute one of his Favourites into a Duty. He said, "But you've had a break in service when you transferred, so your Seniority starts again". I must admit I had a smile on my face when I replied, "Tough Shite Mate. Finished in my Old office Saturday..... started here Monday" :Very Happy

Sorry if it screws you up. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)