ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dented the bumper of van
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Dented the bumper of van
I accidentally caught the bumper of the van whilst reversing today. Van is fine apart from the bumper has popped in and crumpled slightly in on of the corner's. Nothing too bad but noticeable.
Manager had gone home when I returned, so will tell him tomorrow. What can I expect to happen?
Manager had gone home when I returned, so will tell him tomorrow. What can I expect to happen?
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
I managed to scrape one of the the wheel arches of my van against a wall in a tight spot in our yard (I had only been at RM a couple of months!). I reported it to the manager and he said he would take a look. I was bricking it but I didnt hear any more about it so hopefully you should be fine.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
As long as you reported it you’ll be fine. Just take a look at the state of some of the vans.mike_mlc wrote:I managed to scrape one of the the wheel arches of my van against a wall in a tight spot in our yard (I had only been at RM a couple of months!). I reported it to the manager and he said he would take a look. I was bricking it but I didnt hear any more about it so hopefully you should be fine.
I know somebody who crashed a brand new van with 12 miles on the clock.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
LOL unpaid? Stop talking nonsenseCelgar wrote:If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dented the bumper of van
Are you certain of that because it would go against all logic and H&S rules that I am aware of?Celgar wrote: booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
Have you just made this up? Nobody in Royal Mail will ever be made to do any training or extra work unpaid! If people do it off their own back so be it but work for free? No.Celgar wrote:If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
Celgar wrote:If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
It is not unpaid or in your own time. It’s either in your work hours or you can do it in the afternoon once finished but be paid overtime for it.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
Honestly it's the truth. I had to do it a little while ago. The test can take up to four hours but it usually takes less than that. You do it after you have finished your walk in your own time. RM pay for the test to be done but you do it unpaid in your own time.Creditshampoo wrote:LOL unpaid? Stop talking nonsenseCelgar wrote:If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
unpaid LOL
I did have to do the test on a Tuesday,,,,was over and passed by 11am....happy days....
I did have to do the test on a Tuesday,,,,was over and passed by 11am....happy days....
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
Celgar wrote:Honestly it's the truth. I had to do it a little while ago. The test can take up to four hours but it usually takes less than that. You do it after you have finished your walk in your own time. RM pay for the test to be done but you do it unpaid in your own time.Creditshampoo wrote:LOL unpaid? Stop talking nonsenseCelgar wrote:If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
Ok let’s get this straight. If they want you to do driver training, you do so in company time, paid.
If you have been shafted that’s your issue and for your rep to stop, but it’s meant to be paid
-
pmacca3
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 19:45
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
They'd have no drivers if this was the caseCelgar wrote:Honestly it's the truth. I had to do it a little while ago. The test can take up to four hours but it usually takes less than that. You do it after you have finished your walk in your own time. RM pay for the test to be done but you do it unpaid in your own time.Creditshampoo wrote:LOL unpaid? Stop talking nonsenseCelgar wrote:If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
celgar they've had your trollies down I'm afraid
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
they are taking the piss out of youCelgar wrote:Honestly it's the truth. I had to do it a little while ago. The test can take up to four hours but it usually takes less than that. You do it after you have finished your walk in your own time. RM pay for the test to be done but you do it unpaid in your own time.Creditshampoo wrote:LOL unpaid? Stop talking nonsenseCelgar wrote:If procedure is followed you will get taken off driving RM vans. You will get booked in for a driving test which you have to do unpaid in your own time. Based on that and if you have had any other accidents within last two years the manager will decide if you can go back to driving RM vans.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Dented the bumper of van
There have been quite a few 'blameworthy' van collisions in our office. What I have stated is what has happened to the others in my office as well. In addition if you have three blameworthy collisions within a certain period of time you are taken off driving permanently for RM.
If DOMs and managers in other offices aren't following the rules it's not my problem. Be aware this forum is monitored by RM so be careful what you say if your van accident has been dealt with differently.
If DOMs and managers in other offices aren't following the rules it's not my problem. Be aware this forum is monitored by RM so be careful what you say if your van accident has been dealt with differently.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.