ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Did you read the agreement before voting ?

Poll ended at 12 Apr 2018, 19:47

Yes. I read the whole of the agreement before voting.
149
53%
Yes. I cherry picked or read some of the agreement that seemed relevant before voting.
107
38%
No. I didn't read any of the agreement.
12
4%
No. I just followed the union recommendation.
13
5%
No. I couldn't find or access a copy of the agreement.
2
1%
 
Total votes: 283

Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by Celgar »

A little bit of post - vote analysis. We are where we are now and will have reap the whirlwind when it arrives. I suspect very few posties got around to or could be bothered to fully read the agreement.
Please read the poll questions and answer them honestly. Thank you in advance.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by ebbzie »

Read it all and voted NO
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by k979aaa »

The agreement was read by myself before hand I made a judgement call on this and voted NO don't need a circus to change my mind!
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by hans solo »

its not the people on here you should be asking
in our office myself and maybe 2-3 others asked for a hard copy to read THERE lies the problem
if cwu asked them to vote no it would have been 90% the other way
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by aiden01 »

hans solo wrote:its not the people on here you should be asking
in our office myself and maybe 2-3 others asked for a hard copy to read THERE lies the problem
if cwu asked them to vote no it would have been 90% the other way
but the cwu asked for a yes vote and got it.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by mickeymacca »

hans solo wrote:its not the people on here you should be asking
in our office myself and maybe 2-3 others asked for a hard copy to read THERE lies the problem
if cwu asked them to vote no it would have been 90% the other way
Did you not receive a copy through the post?
'Libraries gave us power'
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by Celgar »

An internet link to the full copy of the agreement was given several times on this forum. I think it was linked on a 'stickie' on this forum as well. I believe it was possible to ask your DOM to print out, or make available to read, a full copy of the agreement.
As is often mentioned on this forum not all DOMs are helpful so it may have been difficult or near impossible to get their DOM to provide a copy even to just borrow & read. Propaganda was put out by both RM & the CWU but the largest focus was given to the pay raise element. What is written in the full agreement is very vague on certain subjects but assumptions could & can be made as to the direction of travel.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
shayanboon
Posts: 58
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 21:43
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by shayanboon »

Sounds like a Brexit!
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by borders »

"The sheep have little choice
When in the jaws of the wolf".
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
london sub
Posts: 397
Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by london sub »

I voted no. Read through the whole agreement and don't like the look of it. Nearly everybody at my office thinks that nothing will change, but if they read the agreement then voted, things might of been different.

What's going to annoy me in the near future when the business implement this and that is my fellow collegues will say that they didn't sign up for this. Well all I'll say is if you bothered to read the agreement then you might of thought twice, instead of thinking about when are we going to get the money (jesus).

Of all agreements of past, this is the worse one yet, it's far from perfect, and will see more trouble brewing.
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by awesomepenguin »

Many people who I spoke to did read the agreement but they admitted that a lot of it was difficult to understand.

So in many cases it boiled down to having to act on the recommendation of the CWU/Branch because they believed that the CWU/Branch are there to do the best thing for its members.
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by sweepster70 »

Read the agreement and voted yes.
The pension could still be a concern, but if it get's the go ahead then you have to take into account what Hilary Salt has to say, as she knows far more than us.
With Royal Mail's original pension proposal, I was to loose over £7000 a year.
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by borgpicard »

I read the bit my office wanted to know, I never thought it was that gooda deal, and told my collegues that I was voting no, and as far as I know the whole DO voted no.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by deltaforce »

borgpicard wrote:I read the bit my office wanted to know, I never thought it was that gooda deal, and told my collegues that I was voting no, and as far as I know the whole DO voted no.
What people say and what people actually do ..... :cuppa
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

The Agreement - Who actually read it ? A Poll.

Post by nickbsmooth »

I read it, that convinced me to vote NO.