ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
I was told today by our DOM that the envelope containing the ballot paper to vote for or against the agreement was not noticeably marked as being so. Therefore some posties didn't realise they had received the ballot paper or they assumed the envelope contained 'junk mail'. Union rep also mentioned the envelope wasn't that clearly marked.
I realise we should always open an envelope but sometimes you might just assume it is of no interest. Anyone else have a similar experience with the ballot paper mailing ??
I realise we should always open an envelope but sometimes you might just assume it is of no interest. Anyone else have a similar experience with the ballot paper mailing ??
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
I think mine had “ballot paper enclosed” printed on it.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
Think the vote should be made null & void.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
All I can say is that I knew immediately when the ballot form arrived in the post - don't know what was actually on the outer envelope but the arrival of mine coincided with the dates given by the CWU.
OK let us null and void the whole process then and have a re-run of the whole process with another vote!
After all it has only taken 1year + so why not string it out until 2019 - sort of like a brexit transition period. In fact why not wait until December 2020.....
OK let us null and void the whole process then and have a re-run of the whole process with another vote!
After all it has only taken 1year + so why not string it out until 2019 - sort of like a brexit transition period. In fact why not wait until December 2020.....
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
gb93 wrote:Think the vote should be made null & void.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.
Give your head a wobble!
-
Natagora
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 18:35
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
Another thread to remind me of just how many total muppets actually work for this company, like I even needed one.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
number one wrote:gb93 wrote:Think the vote should be made null & void.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.
Give your head a wobble!
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
Please explain how it was a deliberate attempt to skew the vote. I don't think it was but I do like to understand others opinionsgb93 wrote:Think the vote should be made null & void.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mozilla
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
Slightly off topic but what I found most amusing about the ballot paper was the fact that to be valid it had to be returned by "1st post on the 28/3 " Does this mean that our glorious leaders at the CWU still think we do 2 deliveries ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
I believe its a legally recognised definition, in that even though there is only 1 delivery a day it is still the first post that arrives.mozilla wrote:Slightly off topic but what I found most amusing about the ballot paper was the fact that to be valid it had to be returned by "1st post on the 28/3 " Does this mean that our glorious leaders at the CWU still think we do 2 deliveries ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
nowt on the wireless
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 27 Mar 2010, 19:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
I knew it was my ballot paper straight away, I voted against it! We lost, oh well, its not Brexit accept the result move on, lets get on and do our jobs, they can do all the changes they want, but I have a finish time whatever that might be during these new time of working together and thats what I'll be working til.
What A Smashing Blouse You're Wearing
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
If it was unclear it was unclear for all voters and in theory would not have skewed the vote. Unless for some reason only "YES" voters open all their mail and "NO" voters all assume that everything they get from the CWU is junk mail without even opening it? 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
I think it was more a deliberate attempt at sarcasm.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Please explain how it was a deliberate attempt to skew the vote. I don't think it was but I do like to understand others opinionsgb93 wrote:Think the vote should be made null & void.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
It was quite clear we have to except the result
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.
The only things I would say is
1. The copy of the agreement should have been sent out to members the minute it was drafted to give people the chance to digest it and put forward relevant questions at the gate meetings.
2. Ballot papers should be sent out on their own to avoid any confusion.
3. It would still have been a Yes vote.
1. The copy of the agreement should have been sent out to members the minute it was drafted to give people the chance to digest it and put forward relevant questions at the gate meetings.
2. Ballot papers should be sent out on their own to avoid any confusion.
3. It would still have been a Yes vote.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share